Wednesday, January 26, 2011

~~~ My Winter Kitchen~~~~

Before we get to the kitchen, this is what we woke up to this morning! MORE SNOW!!! The weatherman got it all wrong. Said we would get sleet and freezing rain overnight, THEN snow. WRONG! It sure is pretty though!

 It was a very wet, heavy snow.
 I took this to show it coming down.
This was at 10:00 this morning.


So, come on in to the kitchen. This is the counter between the kitchen and breakfast room. The sliding glass doors go out to a small deck where we grill. In the summer:):) I have the ivy next to the lamp cause I hate seeing the darn cord!

 This is a -palm tree lamp I got several years ago at....are you ready....WALMART! For $15.00!!!! With the shade:):):)
 This plate hides Joe's vitamins:) And the plastic glass he uses to fill the Keurig.
I love bamboo and I love black accents.
 Candle holders in black.
 Do you remember at Christmas when this hutch held all the snowmen???? Looks alot differnt now!
 Here is a better picture of the ceramic plates I got at HG the other day!

 My kitchen table. With my new candle and arrangement.
 Palm tree placemats. Can ytou tell I wish I were in a palm tree paradise???:):)
 The kitchen server.
 The runner on the server. It came from Home Goods too! I think I keep our local HG in business:):)
 The valance that is on the kitchen window. I found this at......Home DEPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 I thought I wouod spin the arrangement around for you to see everything that is in it. Like I said yesterday, I could not have made this for $14.99!!!!!!

 I lit the candles to show you! I LOOOVE candle light!


 Remember I had snowman pictures here at Christmas.


I LOVE the rustic quality of these pots. They have 2 little metal handles too.


 I have collected pottery for many years. I have stored alot of it away and decidee to get some out for a change of pace in here for winter. I really love the markings and coloring of this piece. I love covered jars.

 I bet you know how I use this.....
 TA DA!

 There are 2 of these hanging wicker vases. They fit this space perfectly and hang on the window molding.
So, there you have it, my kitchen in the winter. I am enjoying the sparser, cleaner look. Soon it will all change again for SPRING!!!!! But I will enjoy this for awhile now. Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments!!!!! XO, Pinky Don't forget, you can click on pictures to enlarge.

14 comments:

  1. I love all the palm tree accessories you have added, especially that valance! I also love that black candle holder....so different.
    The snow is beautiful and I'd love to see it and everything in person again but I think I'll wait til it's quite a bit warmer up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tropical theme, it is lovely. The hutch looks wonderful and with the candels lit it is gorgeous. I am impressed with how you use decorative items to either "hide" or hold some of the necessary things in a kitchen. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky it is so hard for me to imagine living in the snow but your pictures make it so real and beautiful. I love the warm glow of all your candles in your kitchen. I just want to sit down and have a cup of coffee and a good chat!!Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snow shots! I like your kitchen and LOVE your cute hiding spots. That totally something that I would do too!
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pinky~
    Your view looks like mine this morning! I'm in central PA! I love the clever ways you've used your accessories to disguise the "not so pretty" details of everyday life!
    Have a beautiful day~
    ;-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pinky, Your outdoor pictures could be of my yard, too! Are you sick of it yet? I definitely am finished with snow! Another 18 in. yesterday for us! I do like your cute little lamps and the way you hide the less attractive things! I don't like to see cords, either. And I'm with you on the palm tree decor. Very nice! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen looks beautiful Pinky and I love the pictures of the snow. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful evening,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pinky! I love the look of your blog and all your tropical decor! I have a few tropical themed things scattered here and there too. Your home looks so wonderful and inviting. I love your hutch too! So funny that you have a plate to hide your hubs vitamins. I have been trying to figure out a way to have my vitamins out so I will remember to take them but not have to look at them all the time! I really enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snow pictures are out of this world beautiful.

    I enjoyed seeing your decor. Very nice!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. No snow here in south Texas, but I sure am enjoying looking at your gorgeous snow pictures...it looks like a winter wonderland!

    I'm not familiar with Home Goods; it sure looks like I'd love to go there. You really have some beautiful items and great prices makes it even better.

    Your home is beautiful!

    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog.... I so much appreciate the thoughts and prayers!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! It's me again. Thank you for trying to become a follower, but it doesn't look as if it "took". Would you mind trying again, so I can have you on my list too? Thanks, and thank you for your nice compliments too.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitchen looks fantastic. It is perfect for the winter months. Maybe the palms will take you away from the snow, if only in the mind. Lovely kitchen and great pottery. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tropical theme. I just found your blog and am now following along. Come check me out if you get a chance.

    Noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...