Monday, May 9, 2011

~~~ Relaxing after WORKING!!!~~~

Joe and I spent over 3 hours raking, blowing and hauling leaves on a tarp to the woods today. We are TOO OLD for this:):) When we could barely move, I decided to sit by the pond and snap some pictures. The colors of Spring are all around us now and more to come! This is the hummingbird flag next to the pond.
 I also edged all around the pond and one other bed.
 Some random shots around the pond.
 This azalea is bent WAY out of shape searching for the sun!
 The candleabra promroses are blooming now.

 I only have ONE lily of the valley!!!! For some reason they seem to be dying out???? I used to have ALOT! I just love them, they smell heavenly!
 This is a deciduous azalea, it loses its leaves in the winter. But it has huge flowers.
 See?
 Looking towards the swing. That is a great spot to relax too. I will take a picture from the swing for a future post.
 Lavender azaleas on the hill.

 This is one of our favorite rhododendrons. It has white flowers with this purple marking.
 So pretty!

 Ooops, ignore the tarp in the background:) We started off with a different tarp and it split in half....we are hard on our garden things:):)
 White azaleas.


 ONE of our frogs looking for a meal:)


 This rhodo off the deck is FILLED with buds and blooms!


 This is a miniature rose we got a week or so ago.
 Begonia with huge flowers.


 Joe got me this anthurium for Mother's day, just one of my gifts.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day. I was so busy I didn't have a chance to blog.  Tomorrow I will show some things I ahve done INSIDE to brighten things up for Spring! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please, leave me a comment and let me know you were here! XO, Pinky You can click on pictures to enlarge.

15 comments:

  1. Everything is beautiful Pinky. It will be gorgeous when all the flowers start to fill in. What a wonderful place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinky it all looks so beautiful your azaelas are amazing. I love all the color that surrounds you, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is beautiful. I love that whitr rhododendron with the purple edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is indeed beautiful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is indeed beautiful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the flowers are gorgeous! I wish our azaleas were still blooming. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You could charge an admittance fee!!! :*))) Worth all the hard work I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We finally have signs of spring in PA! And yours are so pretty!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you were tired! It looks beautiful!
    I have a ton of Lily of the Valley, love their aroma. I wonder why yours are dying they are pretty hardy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raking is good exercise....you got your share..

    Your yard, flowers and bushes are so beautiful....it looks so serene...relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Azaleas, Pinky!

    Thanks so much for visiting the Back Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pond and garden are beautiful, Pinky, well worth the work. I know the yard is so much work and it is hot here already so I sweat now when I work in the garden. Thank heavens for the pool cause I jump in it when I get so hot, don't even bother to change into a bathing suit, lol. Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi lovely lady. your flowers are Beautiful Pinky. I also love your pond !!! I need a pond in my garden like the one you have. Hoping you are having a Great Day.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. PINKY!
    Your yard is gorgeous!
    Wow! All the gorgeous colors and your garden ornaments and architectural pieces. Love it all.
    Thanks for sharing.
    You have been busy!
    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...