Tuesday, August 2, 2011

~~Blue and White and Hydrangeas!!!~~~

Well, it has been HOT and HUMID in these parts (and I know everywhere else) so I decided to set a table with COOL blues and whites. I had to cut the hydrangeas as they are FADING fast!!!! Turning a gorgeous shade of GREEN but I needed blue for this table!!! The flowers appear purple in the pictures, as well as the candles but they are a TRUE shade of blue. I am sure it is the lighting. My dining room does not lend itself to good pictures! I layered a blue tablecloth with a flowered edge over a crisp white tablecloth because the blue one is not quite big enough. Then a straw placemat, my trusty white chargers, a solid blue dinner plate, a blue and white dinner plate, a white salad and a blue and white salad plate, then a sherbert glass with a hydrangea bloom floating in it!!!!!
 I layered 2 napkins: a plain blue and a white with a blue edge.
 Detail of the flowered tablecloth. I got this at GW 2 years ago for, I think, $4.00 and it had a set of 4 napkins with it!!!!! The flowers are not hydrangeas but I thought that was OK.

 See what I mean about the color of the flowers? I promise thay are NOT purple:):)
 They are arranged in one of my many blue and white jars.



 The blue and white pitcher is for our water.
 
 I used a blue wine glass and a blue water goblet.
 On each side of the centerpiece is a blue and white pillar holder that I got MANY years ago. I find it VERY hard to find blue and white pieces now. I am so glad I started collecting blue and white pieces when I did!!!!
 My NEW Napolean Bee flatware is making it's debut on this table!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so in love with it!!!!!
 See the bees?








 As the light begins to fade it is time to light the candles.















I am joining these parties and hope you will go visit them too. Thanks to all the hostesses for hosting these wonderful parties!!!!!
Table Top Tuesday at :  http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
White Wednesday at:  http://fadedcharm.blogspot.com/
Wow Us Wednesday at:  http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/
Tablescape Thursday at:  http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Vintage Thingie Thursday at:  http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/
Feathered Nest Friday at:  http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Foodie Friday at:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
Show and Tell Friday at:  http://myromantichome.blogspot.com/
Inspiration Friday at:  http://thepicketfence.blogspot.com/
Open House Friday at:  http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
Sunday Favorites at:  http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/
Seasonal Sundays at:  http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/  Wayfaring Wednesday at: http://www.decortoadore.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving me a comment. I read each one and TRY to get back to you all!!! Each and every comment is much appreciated!!!! XO, Pinky

29 comments:

  1. Pinky, your blue and white is so cool and refreshing. The hydrangeas are gorgeous. I love your blue and white plates. Lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pinky! Hot and humid here too my friend. Just crazy! Love hydrangeas, one of my favorite flowers. Your layered affect is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Pinky, I love, love your tablescaping with the light blue everything!, from the pretty china to your glasses, great and sweet color, also very refreshing for a hot day! Your centerpiece is beautiful with those great blue hydrangeas...just lovely. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinky, This certainly is a cool and very lovely table. Your blue and white makes me green with envy! You have some gorgeous pieces. The centerpiece ginger jar is stunning!And you took it up a notch by filling it with those huge hydrangea blooms. Just beautiful!
    You did something I LOVE on a table... you kept your color palate very simple and used lots of detail and texture to give intrest to your table. So well done! This just might be my favorite table of your!
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hydrangeas don't love our part of Texas..... but I sure can love and admire yours.

    Your table is so refreshing and beautiful.....I love blue and white!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky this is gorgeous!!! I'd love to know where you found those beautiful white charger plates??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinky, I feel cooler already. Love blue and white and what pretty hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky, Your name might refer to PINK, but you do blue and white beautifully. Nothing more classic than a table full of blue and white!! xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinky,
    WoW! This is elegantly displayed, dear! I adore your bee flatware. Your table linens are just beautiful and quite the thrifty find! I can feel a gentle breeze flowing across the room with your cool blue and white tablescape! Mission accomplished!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your Tablescape, your Blue and White dishes are Beautiful sweet lady !! I also have the same dishes. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape so sweet of you. I hope you and your family have a great week.. keep cool Pinky.
    xxoo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table is beautiful, Pinky. I always enjoy blue and whites....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! You can never go wrong with blue and white in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hot and humid at my place, too. Nothing quite cools off a table like blues, though. Yours are beautiful, and I would feel so restful sitting at it. I love your glassware.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you sure got my attention with this one...what more can you ask for than transferware and hydrangeas. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so lovely. The pink hydrangeas and the blue transferware are stunning together. Such a beautiful tablescape. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful as usual! Those hydrangeas are so pretty. And I love the Asian accents! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful table Pinky!

    Love your hydrangeas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for transporting me to a cooler place and for linking up on Wayfaring Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love blue and white. It is so cool and refreshing in the summer. I am so envious of your beautiful hydrangeas. They are such favorite of mine but it is too hot to grow them here. I see we used the same flatware this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel sorry for the people who have been having extremily hot weather. we have had a couple of blinding rain storms. High humidity. Your blue and white is cool looking and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel sorry for the people who have been having extremily hot weather. we have had a couple of blinding rain storms. High humidity. Your blue and white is cool looking and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Blue and whiye has always been my favourite.

    Lovely table setting.

    I am your new follower

    Thank you for sharing

    Love,
    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What was that old song?..."Lavender blue, dilly, dilly, dilly"...The hydrangeas are gorgeous...whatever color they are. I adore blue and white...I actually set a similar tablescape yesterday for a luncheon...it will show up in a post in a week or so. Thank you for sharing our lovely design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  24. How pretty and cooling your "Summertime Blues" are! Love your pretty hydrangeas... always lovely no matter what color they are!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm new to your blog and just getting around to looking at the tablescape from yesterday. You can't beat hydrangeas for color and impact. You sure made me laugh at the entry about cleaning out the cupboard. You could have been me..LOL...that was sooo funny. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one..he,he. I'll be visiting again. Peggy from PA

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are showing two of my favorite things..blue & white dishes and hydrangeas! Of course I think this tablesscape is fabulous. Thank you for linking to my Open House party and have a great weekend.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful table, Pinky! I am also a lover of blue & white pieces, but I sold most of my collection when I sold my business a couple of years ago. I could just kick myself! I don't know why I did that knowing how much I love it!!! I ran into a lady who bought a lot of it at Costco last weekend. She said she is moving and having a garage sale to get rid of a lot of stuff. I'm going to have to go try to buy back my beautiful stuff!!! You're right...hard to find these days. I had some really unusual pieces that I hope I can recoup. Meanwhile, the hydrangeas are beautiful!!! I know what you mean about them photographing purple instead of blue. Weird. My blues often look purple and purples look blue. Drives me crazy!!! I think we can all relate to camera and lighting issues! :-) Great table. Have a peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pinky, I love your blue and white tablescape. They are some of my favorites, too. It's hard to pass up any dishes that are blue and white when I'm thrifting.

    I'm so happy for you! You have the Napoleon bee flatware!! It is on my wishlist. It looks wonderful with this setting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...