Wednesday, August 10, 2011

~~A Lunch by The Shore!!!~~~

Well, a girl can dream can't she???:):) I had planned to set this table OUTSIDE and enjoy our lunch on the deck. Well, Mother Nature had different plans for me. I had gathered all my dishes etc. and then THIS happened!!!! It rained,

 It POURED!!!!!!
 It rained so hard it looked foggy!!!!
 So, it all came inside. That's fine, we can still enjoy a nice lunch in the air conditioning and watch Mother Naute CRY big, fat tears!!!!! I found this adorable planter a few years ago and had to have it since I already had dishes with a sand chair on them! AND, the colors were PERFECT! I had wanted to get some yellow flowers to put in it but didn't get to the store in time. So, I had to improvise!

 Here are the chair dishes. Aren't they cute?! I think they should have put an umbrella on that left side too!!!! Maybe I should start designing dishes:):)
 I used a pale yellow placemat, a solid, skyblue dinner dish, a creamy salad plate with a pretty edge, and the chair plate on top! I decided against using my chargers for this table. Wanted to keep it simple. Plus I like the look of the blue plate against the pale yellow placemat.
 The S and P match the band around the plates.

 I love these wavy, blue goblets!
 Just got these great lanterns at CTS this year. They are so versatile, go with so many things!

 By now, the SUN was TRYING to peek out. I wanted to keep the colors of this table soft and relaxing.
 I paired a soft yellow napkin and a blue one together for a FULL look.

 Simple creamy flatware.
One of my favorite napkin rings encircles the napkins.


 Just love the look of these goblets.





 A birds eye view!
I will be joining these FUN parties:
Table Top Tuesday at :  http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
White Wednesday at:  http://fadedcharm.blogspot.com/
Wow Us Wednesday at:  http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/
Tablescape Thursday at:  http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Vintage Thingie Thursday at:  http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/
Feathered Nest Friday at:  http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Foodie Friday at:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
Show and Tell Friday at:  http://myromantichome.blogspot.com/
Inspiration Friday at:  http://thepicketfence.blogspot.com/
Open House Friday at:  http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
Sunday Favorites at:  http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/
Seasonal Sundays at:  http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
 Please visit these parties and see some wonderful tables and get some other wonderful inspiration too!!!!Thanks so much for stopping by HERE!!!! I so appreciate your visit and would love for you to leave me a comment!!!! XO, Pinky

32 comments:

  1. ahhh Pinky that is adorable. Love the little plants. The rain looks pretty though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Pinky. I'm sorry you got rained out, your table is just as fun and festive inside. Love the napkin ring holders.. just too cute..
    hugs~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if it rained like that here, I'd go out and just stand in it! It's been sooooo long since we've had rain...everything's burned or is burning up. Grass looks like hay.

    Your table is adorable! I love the little vase and the chair plates. The soft yellows and blue look very cool and charming. Wish I were there to join you ~ :-)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure wish it would rain here!!!!!

    Your table looks great, and you accomplished your goal, it looks very soft and relaxing..
    I love the lanterns...and all the soft relaxing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinky,
    This is stunning!!! Adore the planter with your dishes, dear! If you are designing dishes...I want to preview them before they hit the market. Why? Once they hit retail...they'll be SOLD OUT! Don't let it RAIN on your picnic....enjoy!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky your table is gorgeous! I'll be right over to enjoy this festivity with you....lol.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table looks gorgeous and perfect for festivity! Great shots of RAIN!
    Love those blue hues. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really would give anything for some rain. It looks so good. Your table is wonderful. The colors are soft and pretty.. sucha great table! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry your table got rained in. But you did a great job. I have those same salad plates. I use them on an everyday basis, but haven't done a tablescaper per se. You've got me thinking...

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too , was a little distracted by the rain, we are so desperate for a little rain here in TX. Love your adirondack chair plates. They are so summery ~ your whole table is just great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute chair plates, Pinky. Too bad it rained cause they are really perfect for a picnic outside. Nevertheless, you still set a fabulous table and the plants outside are happy...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adirondack chair plates, total cuteness!

    Love your table!! Must know where those adorable plates came from, pretty please??

    ~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad that your lunch got rained out. The table is just perfect. I love those plates! How fun are they?! Everything looks like a fun day in the sun, just right for a rainy day! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did with the table..looks beautiful and those plates are amazing!! I don't know, call me strange but somehow I love when it rains when I have friends over for lunch, it makes it so cozy...but I know there is something great about dining al fresco too!Stop by doing a great giveway ends tonight (if you haven't already)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE these dishes, Pinky. They are sooo pretty...just perfect for an outside meal..except if it rains.:))

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty this all is! Love the blue and yellow. Those plates are so fun for summer -- perfect with you cute centerpiece. Love those wonderful lanterns! Looks like a really fun summer dayz luncheon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your table. The lanterns are just perfect. The rain...I'm so envious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your pretty Tablescape, with your lovely plates for your summer day luncheon how sweet. I also love your lanterns for the lighting.. If it ever rains in Texas. I will have a tablescape in the rain... Pinky. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my new Tablescape so sweet of you. I hope you have a great weekend with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by!! Love this tablescape! Those dishes are so cute with the chair on them. Love the chair planter and napkin rings too...adorable! Makes me really miss the beach...maybe I'll get to go next year. We have finally gotten some rain here in Arkansas and are thrilled! I looked outside this morning and I swear my yard greened up overnight! This has been the hottest summer I can ever remember...

    I sold the scarecrow tassel but am going to make more if you are interested. They are $24. Have a great day!! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Pinky! At least you guys got some rain. We have been SO dry. Most of our neighbors' yards look like desert wasteland. We have been fighting (and paying!!!) to try to keep ours green. What a hot summer! I think your table looks just as pretty indoors. LOVE the plates with the Adirondack chairs. Those are really cool! Really, really like the napkin rings, too! Beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nicely set table, wonderful job.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Love,
    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute setting. I love those plates with the lawn chairs on them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI Pinky! OH, I love your cute table. Look at your dishes with the little lawn chair! Love it.
    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute, CUTE centerpiece...I can see why you just HAD to get it, Pinky! It goes perfectly with your dishes.
    LOVE the pale blue & yellows you've chosen. Very soothing!

    I hope you will find a partner to play with your dishes, so you can join in the "Table For Two" meme in the fall.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Pinky! I just love the chair plates..so cute. Your table is lovely and I adore the napkin rings. Thank you for sharing at the Open House party and have a great week.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful, summery, "outdoor" tablescape. Love those chair plates! Please send that wonderful rain here, please! Have a delightful week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely table Pinky. I have some "chair" napkin rings, so I love the chair theme. Wish we could get some of that rain here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know the frustration of planning a table outside and having a downpour~ although lately, rain is welcome! Love your fun Adirondack plates...your centerpiece is perfect with them! Thanks for your visits & sweet comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well, it is cute indoors, too. Just be glad you have rain. We look like we live in the desert now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for bringing your lunch by the shore to Seasonal sundays, even without the shore. LOL!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! This looks amazing! I love the blue and yellow color theme for this tablescape and those chair plates are so perfect! Goes so well with the planter and your napkin holders are so adorable. Loving those white lanterns....a perfect summer luncheon table. Thanks for having us for lunch,it was a lot of fun!~Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...