Good Saturday evening! I wanted to share an appetizer that I made for a birthday dinner last night. There are many variations of these roll ups, and this one is different from ones I have made in the past. These were VERY delicious!You will see in the recipe that you take regular sandwich bread, cut the crusts off, and roll it flat with a rolling pin!!!
Asparagus Roll-Ups Recipe
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 16 fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Combine the cream cheese, bacon and chives; spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cut roll-ups in half. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 mins or til lighlt browned. Yield 32 appetizers. NOTE: there were 20pieces of adparagus in my bunch and I used almost a full loaf of bread.
StoneGable for Tutorials Tips and Tidbits~
2805 for Potpourri Friday~
What's it Wednesday