Sunday, June 16, 2013

~~~A Beautiful Housewarming Gift!!!~~~~

Hi everyone! I know I have been MIA, but we had houseguests all last week and kept VERY busy. Joe's sister and BIL came up from Fl. to visit us and see the house and see some other relatives too. They brought us some wonderful housewarming gifts and this is what I got!!!!! I REALLY love it. It is actually a bird feeder but I decided that it is way too pretty to put outside and maybe get ruined.
 So, I thought it would be a beautiful WELCOME to anyone who comes here, used as a lantern! The little hole in the back is perfect to place a tea light inside and it is all cut out so the light shines through so beautifully! I thought I would look for some kind of stand with a hook on it to hang the lantern.
 While at Lowes today, I spied this!!!! I thought it would be PERFECT, and it is! It fits in this corner by the front door just right.
 There is a shelf below the hook for a plant too so I placed one of by blue and white pots there with some ivy.

 I just love this and want to say a big THANK YOU to Jane and Bud!!!
 Here it is lit up. I wish you could all come over and it could welcome YOU! Have a great week everyone. We will be busy getting ready for vacation! XO, Pinky
 
Linking to:
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Pamela @ From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! What a clever idea to hang inside with a candle. It looks perfect there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you did with the feeder! That stand is just perfect and it looks great at your entrance.
    I'm so glad that you are happy with it.
    Love from both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky,
    The bird feeder is just perfect as candle holder. I love the iron hanger and the feeder's companion pot of ivy on the bottom shelf...just perfect!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Of course, I'm a candleholic so anywhere there's a space, I will put a candle there. :)

    Enjoy your vacation! I would welcome you here with open arms to help me move. ha ha ha

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gift...they obviously know you so well as we know how much you love anything blue and white ceramic/porcelain....I love how you hung it..just perfect!!! Glad you had a wondeful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest thing ever, Pinky. I love blue and white ware and anything with a different shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinky this is an absolutely wonderful housewarming gift! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift, and you found such a creative way to use it. Love it!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinky~ Your bird feeder repurposed as a lantern is wonderful! Love the stand that you found for it~ how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinky,
    A lovely blue & white birdhouse turned lantern, dear friend!!!
    I adore the corner shelf you found to showcase this gorgeous housewarming gift!!! Thanks for sharing and have a marvelous vacation!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane and Bud totally rock. What a gorgeous housewarming gift.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...