Thursday, June 20, 2013

~~~I Forgot To Show You!!!~~~

I don't think we have stopped since we have moved in here. Right now we, and by that I mean Joe, are BUSY doing landscaping. We choose the bushes etc. together but HE does all the planting.He counted yesterday and so far he has planted 60 bushes and 3 trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He NEEDS a vacation and thank God we are leaving Sat But that is not what this post is about. I decorated the morning room for Spring when I did the kitchen but forgot to show you!!!. So here are some shots I took tonight. The theme is birds, birdcages and NATURE! This birdcage is new this year. I placed a large candle ring inside to look like a nest and a large, carved wooden bird sitting on it.
 There is a sweet bird on top. The whole top lifts off so it is easy to fill!
 This little garden cart is an old piece. I painted it green several years ago. It had been blue when I got it. I added the garden hat, and the little signs.
 I love this chippy bird house that reminds me of a church.
 I got 2 of these pots with nests several years ago at the place where I worked. And my Hummel lamp is a nice light in the evening. I LOVE being able to have alot of houseplants in this house with all the sun we get.
 This is a hawks feather that Joe found in the yard the other day. So pretty!
 I placed this birdhouse on a pedestal and put some faux grass around it and a twiggy ball in front.
 I made this napkin holder MANY years ago! Painted it, added the pots and flowers and birds. The candle holder, ring and candle were a housewarming gift from our dear Yvonne!

 and on the other side a mini basket.
 This cloche had a bunny in it at Easter, do you remember?


 This little vignette is behind the screen in the living room but visable from the morning room table. I stacked 2 plant stands and put a small plant on the top and a green sphere on the bottom.
Thanks so much for your visit. Have a GREAT weekend everyone. XO, pinky

7 comments:

  1. It is all too cute! Can't wait to see the landscape and how you decorate for summer!

    Enjoy your vacation!!!

    LBDH

    ReplyDelete
  2. You attention to pretty detail amazes me! I can tell that you are a designer!!! Have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all that you've done in decorating your beautiful new home....
    Hoping you've sold your previous home and if not... hoping it sells soon!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinky,
    Adorable 'themed' decor!!!
    I love all the natural elements on each shelf! The vignettes are calming and stunning!!! The stacked shelves behind the screen are exquisite!!!
    Thanks for remembering to share this with us...loved every photo!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pinky~ Love your new bird cage with the bird perched on top! Hope you have a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your touches of nature. Hope you have a great vacation.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your bird houses and nature decor Pinky...you have displayed them so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...