Saturday, December 7, 2013

~~~Decorating My Best Friends House~~~

 Good Saturday morning my friends! It has finally stopped raining around here but it is COOOLD! The sun is shining but it is 36 and dropping:( I am NOT a cold/winter person at all but I know that some of you have temps in the single digits so I won't complain:) I went and decorated my best friends house the other day so thought I would share it with you. She has a beautiful home. As you can see, she has tall celings in her living room so I gave the illusion of a higher tree with some red and gold sticks. We also used red poinsettias, white and cream berries, red and gold ornaments and some beautiful leaf stems for filler.

 Here are the leaf stems and some sugared grapes.

 We also do her stair railing and there is a LOT of railing! Large bows, sugared fruits and poinsettias here too.


 it goes up....
 and across the loft.
 She found these gorgeous beaded pillows at Pier One. I just love them.
 We aslo did her mantle, of course! The deer are waiting for some poinsettias to join them. We actually went out after we were done and got them.
 She found this gold tree at Home Goods a few years ago.
 We wrap her candlesticks with gold berry garland and they are topped with sparkly gold pillars.
 She also found this gold and silver ball garland at Home Goods.
 This pretty Santa sits on a small table and you get a glimpse into the sun room.
 I should have gotten a close up of the tree skirt, it is really pretty!
 I put this arrnagement together from things we had left over:)

 There is a ledge that goes down the hall from the front door and around to the kitchen, so that is decorated with their village. We also found a GORGEOUS sleigh with Santa for the other ledge while at HG. It is beautiful but I didn't get a picture of it.
 I love this piece in the sun room.
 His and her chairs in the sun room, facing a TV in the corner.
 She found these pillows that are PERFECT!!!
 I just took these shots to show her mirrored backsplash. I love, LOVE it.  That is why I wanted the mirroed backsplash down stairs in our bar. It really opens up the space.
 Can you see me:):)?
Hope you have enjoyed this little peak into this lovely house. Stay warm, my friends.
I am linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Oh the Places I’ve Been!
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

19 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely gorgeous, Pinky!

    I used to do our stairs but haven't in a couple of years, other than the newel post. The village makes me want to go get mine out of storage!

    The santa plates on my dining room table are from Home Goods. Just bought them about a month ago. Similar to Fitz and Floyd but much less expensive.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pinky, your friend's house looks gorgeous, you are so talented and a great friend! I have no stairs now and come C'mas I miss them from my old huge house...but I don't want a big house either, I love my big enough pent house! Enjoy your holiday season dear Pinky.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky, I wish you lived closer, or in my dreams, I lived in your community! Fabulous job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinky, your friend's home looks absolutely gorgeous! How sweet of you to help her decorate. The banister decor is beautiful, as well! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pinky! Oh, your friends home is gorgeous and aren't you nice to help her decorate it! Beautiful!!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their home looks beautiful with all the Christmas decorations . . . just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful home. I love those pillows on her chairs....Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky, you are not only creative, you are truly a great friend too. You have made a Christmas showcase at your friends lovely home. The tree is just lovely. And all of the other special holiday touches around the house are just as pretty and charming (love the stairways and bannisters). I have grown to think that charming is as good as it gets when it comes to the holidays. Great job.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful house and the decorations are stunning.
    What a good friend you are to help her decorate.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi lovely lady.
    Your friends home looks Beautiful for Christmas! she is so lucky she has you. I love the way you put together the Christmas tree just Gorgeous. I hope you and your family are keeping warm on this cold day.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how wonderful it is decorating for a great friend…I am sure she is ecstatic over your beautiful decorating … the tree, the mantel and the banister is gorgeous Pinky….you are always welcome to come and help me at my house!!!…Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinky you are amazing and so talented!! Love what you did! That staircase is fabulous too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinky,
    WoW!!!
    Beautiful home, indeed. . .and your designing touch makes it truly a gem at Christmas!!! The staircase is gorgeous!!! Love the color palette on the mantle and those Poinsetta pillows!!!
    Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. She does have a beautiful home. How nice of you to help her get it ready for the holiday! The tree looks great and I love the fireplace mantel. I remember this home because of the village pieces on that low wall. What a great spot for displaying them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to be your best friend! What a job you did for her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, just gorgeous! What a great friend you are....Such a beautiful tree & home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great job! Everything it sooo pretty! Everytime I see a staircase I wish my house was 2 story so I could decorate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing! Love the staircase. Haven't done mine in awhile but you've got me itchin' to do it seeing this post!

    Andrea

    http://andreasanswerto.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know your friend is thrilled to have your decorate her home Pinky! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...