Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A "Use What you Have" Casserole

Last night Joe asked me about a casserole I used to make using left over ham. I thought I had the ingredients but didn't. SO, I decided to WING IT!!! I used what I had. It turned out delicious! We had 20 people here the other day and had left over ham so here is what I did to finish it up. I cut up all the ham into bite sized pieces and put them in first. Then  used left over rice for the next layer. I had a small block of cheddar so grated that for the 3rd layer. Then added some frozen brocolli florets. I nuked them for 2 mins. to start them cooking. Then I mixed a can of cream of mushroom soup with the juice from the ham (rather than water or milk) and poured that over everything. Added some pepper but no salt.
 I baked it for 45 mins. at 350 degrees.

 Here is my plate. We are to get snow tomorrow so our snowflake plates are perfect! We also ALWAYS have applesauce with ham:):) It is just a must have for us!
If you missed this table setting here is the link: http://designsbypinky.blogspot.com/2015/01/a-snowy-winter-table_5.html  Thanks for your visit, I so appreciate you all! I am sharing this here:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

5 comments:

  1. This casserole looks very yummy. I love cheese with a cream soup and broccoli with ham. If I hadn't just started making chicken noodle soup for my sick hubby (we have had the flu) I would get that ham out and start this casserole for dinner tonight. You are right the red snowflake plates are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinky,
    I love the way you used what you had to make a delicious meal for you and Joe!!!
    Many times, those are the best. . .but you left out the main ingredient in your list. . .LOVE!!!
    I'm sure you used a generous amount!!!
    Thanks for sharing and gently reminding us to use what we have!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful. I do that all the time and it usually turns out great! Using what you have. Love your red snowflakes plates. Happy eating! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Pinky this sounds wonderful!!!...and I bet it tasted wonderful too!...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish!! Something I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...