Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Breakfast Room Changes

I did get tired of looking at the snowmen, even though winter has just really begun! I am sick of it already though! So, I took them all down and packed them away, CLEANED the kitchen and breakfast room, and got things back to "normal". It was strange seeing the kitchen and breakfast room empty for awhile! I will share the kitchen soon too. I didn't have the hutch here yet this time last year so enjoyed doing that. I am really liking this look and don't think I will tire of it. I started on the top of the hutch with this large lantern. It has a battery operated candle on a timer so comes on by itself for a few hours at night. LOVE that feature! The bird is a stone like material and I added a green bottle/vase and a sprig of greens.
 These are candle sticks that I have had for many years. They are carved wood.
 I recently got this little wire cloche and placed this iron bird under it. I am looking for something to use as "seed" cause if I use real seed it will attract the varmits:):)
 A wicker wrapped bottle holds some faux flowers and ivy and a rope ball sits next to that.
 One of my demijohns and another cute bird. We have 3 bird feeders right outside the windows in here so I love seeing birds in here too! I might add a few other garden elements soon. You never know:)
 I had this little pail and placed a wicker ball in it.

 Bee skeps are another favorite.
 On the right side of the hutch top I have a larger demijohn filled with greens and sticks. And another bee skep.
 The square basket stays up here all the time. It had a wreath on it for Christmas.



 Isn't he cute?:)


 I brought this little bike planter from my office for the bottom of the hutch.
 I also put the bird and cloche on an iron stand. I added a turtle shell to this vignette too.

 Tada!!! There you have it. The house calms me after all the glitz and glam of Christmas is put away. Hope you are warmer than we are, wherever you are. We are getting some snow later today so I will be back to organizing some spaces and NOT going out! Have a beautiful week my friends!!! XO, Pinky
I am partying with:
Amaze Me Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays At Our Home
Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday
 

30 comments:

  1. Love the changes Pinky and I know what you mean about looking at the snowmen...is it snowing there?...Must say that I love seeing your pretty hutch every time you make a change to it!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much, Shirley! Yes, it is snowing here right now.

      Delete
  2. Pinky,
    The green foliage is gorgeous against the pine wood hutch, dear friend!!!
    the birds and tortoise shell add great places for the eyes to "rest".
    If you're finished with SNOWmen. .. don't go to my blog. (wink! wink!)
    The Entry Hall has a Frosty Welcome!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go to yout blog and loved what I saw:) You are so sweet!!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty Pinky! You might find some aquarium gravel that looks like seed. There are all kinds of tiny aquarium gravel.

    We had a good showing on the house this morning and another showing is scheduled by different people for tomorrow afternoon. I am glad they are coming in the afternoon. Gives us a little more time to prepare!! Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I will have my fingers AND toes crossed...and I will say a prayer! Thanks for the idea of the aquarium gravel!!!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, Pinky! You do have the loveliest things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cathy. Wish you had a blog so I could comment there!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Pinky! Oh, your hutch looks so pretty! It's beginning to look a little like spring! Love all of your pretties.
    Thank you for your sweet visit.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hutch is lovely! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always great to start
    fresh in January, isn't it?
    I love the promise and the
    possibilities of a new year : )

    Your bird collection is really
    sweet. My late friend also
    collected birds and now, when
    I see a lone bird floating through
    the sky, I always think of her....

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found a few more birds this morning and am adding some around the house.

      Delete
  8. Love all your things here. I am already beginning to think of Spring decorating...turquoise and lime green...yay...can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hutch looks great! I too am tired of winter already but I'm stuck with it. I've seen a lot of posts with snowmen embraced for winter scenes but I'm done with it after the holidays! I like the wire cloche. I was thinking of beads like you might find in the jewelry making area at the craft store that might work for faux seeds or a combo of some moss and small stones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. Great to see you here!!! Thanks for the suggestions!

      Delete
  10. Your hutch looks so pretty all styled for spring.....love the new little wire cloche!
    Have a great weekend!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, you've inspired me! You have decorated with some of my very favorite things...birds, nests, plants. We are ready for spring, aren't we? :)

    Thank you for your sweet note today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so pretty! I love all the birds and the natural elements. You've inspired me today :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful hutch, love that style. Also love your candle holders.
    Have a wonderful weekend...stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving your hutch and all the great texture with the wicker and wire. CUTE birds! They're one of my favorite things to decorate with, especially in winter.Thanks for the inspiration...now I'm off to de-clutter my hutch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have so many pretty and natural pieces...some rustic, some playful. How I love that! In your climate you can enjoy that and I'm envious! I have some great inspiration!!

    Thanks for your visit , dear! :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you've styled your hutch, Pinky! The wicker and natural textures look so good for winter. Love the wire cloche.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the natural look of your hutch Pinky! I'm sure you won't tire of it quickly. :) When spring comes the simple addition of a primrose or daffodils will give it just the extra spring touch... then. But, now, it's perfect!!

    Thanks for sharing your winter decor with us at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so good! I love your little cloche, sweet...sweet!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...