Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Random Thoughts on a Tuesday

Well, this Winter is dragging on and ON. I feel STUCK. Not much is going on around here, decor wise or anything. I am ANTSY to start decorating for SPRING, but the weather outside is still frightful! However I WILL be doing it next week: weather or not! Till then I am sharing some pictures of the snow and ICE we got Sunday and some pictures from  2 weeks ago when we had the floors in the kitchen and breakfast room replaced. I did NOT want to do this but Joe did so..... They were squeeking and at first they were going to replace ALL the hardwoods but we would have had to practically move out again! NO WAY was that happening. So Joe settled on them just doing the kitchen and breakfast room cause that is where the squeeks were. I am happy to reports all is good now!!! This first picture is the snow coming dowm Sunday morning.

 Then later we got ICE, for hours!


 This was Monday morning, the bottom of the driveway started to melt in the sun.
 Here we go with the floor pics. What a MESS it was!
 Ripping up the old...





 Installing the new....

 
Thank God that is done. After they left EVERY, single thing had to be cleaned and dusted. It was everywhere. But now all is clean and put back together. I am very happy with Ryan Homes that they were so willing to do this.  Hope you all have a great week and soon all this winter weather will just be a memory:):)  I am partying here:

 Metamorphosis Monday,

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style

 The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Home Sweet Home

Tablescape ThursdayFeathered Nest Friday,

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

14 comments:

  1. this is something we're going to have to do too. Our kitchen and kitchen dining areas are really horrible and then recently warped when we had a leak. We're going to have to match it to the rest of the flooring...that I don't like. Anyway, it's not a project I want to do now and will probably put it off for as long as we can. blah.
    LOVE the wonderful rich colors of your wood, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra. I love darker floors. Had them in the last house and knew I wanted them here.

      Delete
  2. Pinky,
    We have had very little Winter weather here on the Prairie. . .which means we'll probably be in a drought this Summer. I grow extremely tired of "brown" and l o n g for "green" anything!!!
    I have a touch of Spring peeking through as I renew my decor with our ongoing Project Listings for 2015!!!
    Believe me when I say, I understand having the 'dust' everywhere!
    We are nearing the upper level Project Listing end!!! Then, I want to move out~of ~doors and prepare for Breakfast on the Deck!!! Ah~h~h. . .so~o~o looking forward to "fresh air days", again!!!
    Hang in there, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am longing for breakfast on the deck too!!!!! I did that almost every day last summer. There IS light at the end of the tunnel:):)

      Delete
  3. The snow is so pretty but I can imagine that it gets old quick. I remember before we got married my husband had to have the wood floor in his house replaced after a broken pipe & the dust was unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bearable. They were just going to sweep. I had them use my central vac and vacuum up before they put the new floors down. Still there was alot of dust:(

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a lot to live through...it disrupts everything! Hang on Pinky, Spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. It IS on its way but we have to get through the ice we got today and then on Thurs they are predicting 5-8 inches of snow:(

      Delete
  5. Gosh, that is no fun. I can't believe you had to have those replaced already. We have some squeaks and pops, too, but not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure looks cold! congrats on getting your project done.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure IS cold, Alma! But Spring is coming !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry that you are having the worst winter..gray days certainly does not help the soul...but glad that your floor repair/replacement went well and yes, I can just imagine the dust that the project left...Hang in there Pinky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are planning to change the flooring soon and this one looks really great, is so nice that workers cleaned everything after installing. Hope the spring will come soon!

    Carpet cleaning Balham

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...