Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Looking Back....

I posted this table this time last year and since we are so busy with preparations for Joe's hip replacement surgery, I decided to repost it. I haven't had time to do any new posts lately! I hope you enjoy this table, I LOVE this combination of black and white with green. It is definitely one of my favorites!!!! So here is the post as it appeared last year!
We hosted our dinner group on Sat. night. I made a fresh arrangement for our centerpiece and set the table with one of my favorite color combos. I didn't use a tablecloth, preferring to see the beautiful wood of the table and have a lighter sense for summer. I placed a green and white placemat, then a round black and white placemat, a square white dish, a green dinner plate and a black and white scrolled dessert plate for my stack.
 My black handled flateware was perfect.
 I gathered some EARLY limelight hydrangeas, fresh grapes, limes, apples and lettuce.


 A couple of pears were also added.



 We were missing one couple but had a fun night.
 We ate our hors d'oerves out on the patio then came in for dinner.





 I hadn't made a fresh arrangement in quite awhile but while at the gracery store had a light bulb moment:)

 Wish you all could have been here, it was a lovely night.

I am partying with:

 Metamorphosis MondayThe Scoop,


Inspire Me TuesdayWow Us Wednesdays,


 Tablescape Thursday

DIY by Design
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to report this Pinky because I missed it the first time and I love it! I love green, and I'm of the mindset every room needs a little black (although I don't always follow my own advice) so this tablescape is right up my alley.

    Good luck to your husband with the surgery. I know you must be anxious about it but these days even something as major as hip replacement is relatively routine and as long as he follows dr's. orders the recovery shouldn't be too long.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe's best friend had the same surgery on Tues. and was home for lunch on Wed.!!! We are praying Joe does just as well. I'll be over to see you soon. XO

      Delete
  2. This tablescape is stunning. All the details are beautiful. I love your plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black is also one of my very favorite decorating colors - this table is one of my all time favorites! Where did you find the scroll work plates? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them several years ago at Home Goods. I have gotten alot of dishes at HG!!!

      Delete
  4. Pinky,
    Be still, my heart!!!
    Black, white and green is still my all ~time favorite Tablescaping color palette!!!
    Wishing all the "best" for Joe as he prepares for his surgery!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and black look lovely together especially with the fresh fruit and flower centerpiece. I don't remember this tablescape from last year, I know I would been madly in love with the plates so I must have missed the original post. Good luck to Joe with his surgery. Have a wonderful weekend..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this beautiful repeat Pinky! Black and white with apple green looks so fresh and inviting any time of year! I love your fruit and flower centerpiece too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...