Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Artichokes at the Table

Lately I have been doing tables. I am hanging onto the last bits of summer but have removed all the shell décor and packed it away for next year. So, I am in a kind of decorating limbo. SO, tables are  what I am doing!!! Here is the latest one! I found these artichoke salad plates at Home Goods and grabbed 2. LOVE them! I knew I had the other elements for a table setting so here it is! I first started with this green runner which is the other side of a bunny runner but hate how wrinkled it looks.
 So I switched to this bound burlap one and it looks so much better and really lightened up the whole table.
 I layered 2 napkins that mimic the shades of green in the plate and placemat.

 I have had these artichoke votive holders for years and they have gotten use on many tables! I love them!

 I placed them into this green leaf bowl that is almost the exact shape of the artichoke!
 The bowl is sitting on the base of a hurricane holder!!! It adds another bit of texture to the table. I am all about texture on a table!!!
 My clear bubble glasses came out again.

 I also have these faux spears of asparagus and just casually placed them on the plates.
 The dinner plate is a square shaped plate with a brown crackle edge.
 The green runner and...
 the burlap runner
 I made the centerpiece several years ago and it lands all over the house at different times.
 These candle holders are a favorite of mine. I stole them from Joe's man cave downstairs)
 My frog pitcher is being used for water. I have really upped my water consumption this summer!!!


 The centerpiece is 3 artichokes surrounded by some white filler flowers. 3 pieces of green bamboo are placed horizontally through the arrangement.


 I hope you liked my new table setting. It will serve us well for a couple of weeks.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by. I will be sharing at these parties:
 
 
 
XO, Pinky
Thaks

14 comments:

  1. Love those artichoke plates!! Nifty table, Pinky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is so sweet, Pinky. I love, love that shade of green. It is one of my all time favorites. You always have such an eye for detail.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice table setting Pinky. Love the artichoke plates and theme. One of my husband's favorites. Sweet centerpieces too. Happy birthday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your artichoke plates! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tablescape Pinky!...I use lots of artichokes in my fall decor and this is truly a fav of mine!
    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love the artichoke plates Pinky! Artichokes are not only one of my favorite things to eat, I love to use them in centerpieces. Your votive holders are fabulous!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinky,
    You did SCORE on the artichoke plates, dear friend!!!
    They are truly unique and so stunning with your other accessories!!!
    I adore the blend of textures that is your "signature" in tablescaping!!!
    Another gorgeous table setting!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping in from BNOTP. That post-summer/pre-fall period is one of my favorite time of year to decorate--sort of a pause between seasons. I like to introduce ivory, light wood tones, and the green that you used. So I really like your artichoke plates and well, the whole tablescape. I must remember it come late summer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great table! LOVE your artichoke plates and you've accented them perfectly, from your burlap runner to your layered napkins. So much coordinated color and texture. Absolutely lovely. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are having artichokes and a salad tonight for dinner, and they will not be served with such perfect accessories as you have on your table. The candle holders are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...