Thursday, June 9, 2016

For the Love of Flowers!

I love flowers. I worked as a floral designer for many years. I am going to share some flowers that we have planted outside and an arrangement I made from grocery store flowers! I am sorry this is such a long post but I wanted to show a lot of flowers! This is the back of our house. After the deck was built we could then make some beds and plant some flowers!!! We have perennials and then knockout roses along here.
 I forget the name of this bush but here it is in full bloom.
 This is along the west side of the house. Ever blooming azaleas are the white flowers you see.
 purple irises

 Out front we have this bed with some VERY large rocks. The tulips and hyacinths had already bloomed.
 The peonies have now bloomed and I have some in the house. I adore peonies. The purple flowers are purple salvia, perennial.




 The front of the house
 These are the very first poppies we have ever been able to have bloom.
 Can you see how many buds are on here. They all bloomed the other day and it was glorious!
 Perennials and annuals surround the pond.
 Yellow irises are blooming in the pond.




 Joe built the wall around the pond when it was done. This is the third summer and it is still standing:)


 The bunny planter is new this year.
 white azaleas
 red columbine, Joe's favorite color.





























































 Here is the arrangement I made from grocery store flowers.
 Roses, daisies, alstromeria and hydrangeas

Thanks for your visit!
XO, Pinky
 
I will be sharing here:


14 comments:

  1. Wow everything looks amazing. Love seeing the flowering shrubs and plants. Poppies are such a happy flower and I love seeing them. Too bad their blooms don't last a bit longer. The pond looks great- I bet you enjoy sitting outside and viewing it. That shrub looks like a Weigela that you coudn't remember the name of. It must be very happy where it is- it's loaded with flowers! I know the hummingbirds love them too! Your fowler arrangement is so pretty. Love the combo of flowers in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Liz, that is weigela! Thanks!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love everything, Pinky. Your garden is amazing!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky, all of your flowers are beautiful!!! You definitely have a green thumb! All of the colors looks so vibrant; and the pond just makes everything picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shenita. It is a labor of love for us. We both love gardening.

      Delete
  4. I have not been visiting blogs at all but saw your place on FB and HAD to visit. OMGOSH- Your yard is wonderful You have done an amazing job there with the pond and the 'still-standing' rock wall. Love it, Pinky! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your visit and sweet comments. I'll come over to your blog now.

      Delete
  5. Pinky, your yard is so beautiful...you really do have a very green thumb! All of the flowers are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky, your yard is so pretty. I love your water feature and all the plants and trees you chose to accent with. I have serious peony envy. Your blooms are beautiful and the poppy is so striking too.
    Thanks for sharing your pretty coffee table arrangement too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your landscaping is beautiful! Very professional looking. The pond area is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky, your yard is gorgeous~ I know you enjoy it and your pond you created. Peonies are so pretty and elegant looking. I need to plant some. The floral arrangement is lovely. Thanks for sharing this...I love looking at beautiful gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinky,
    Your landscape with all the plantings is gorgeous, dear friend!
    Love the pond with yellow irises in bloom!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...