Tuesday, May 16, 2017

A Late Spring Mini Tour

I thought I would share a look around as Spring is slowly moving towards Summer. You wouldn't know it by the weather we have had but this week will be VERY warm for a few days. Let's look around! After it rained like cats and dogs all day Sat. it was such a welcoming sight to see the SUN shining brightly Monday morning.
 These are all early morning shots, with the sun streaming in.
 The house feels a little lighter in the warmer months.
 I feel that the details of a home really show the personality of who lives there. I have never been one to follow "trends" as I know what I (and Joe) love to be surrounded with. We like to showcase our collections and beautiful inherited pieces.
 I know that so many love the all white look but I am a person who loves color. It just isn't me to keep a room all white. I remember when we moved in here I couldn't wait to start painting and get some color around us:) It took over a year but was worth the wait.
 I will be changing the pillows and coffee table soon, to a little lighter look. Just changing pillows can make a room look very different.
 I love the shadows that are created in the morning.

 Last week my sweet hubby took everything out of the curio, and cleaned all the shelves and pieces and put it all back together. It always feels so good to get a job like that done.
 The kitchen has not been painted yet but it is a hard job to get above these cabinets so it is an item on our "to do" list.
 Birds and gardening are the theme in the kitchen and breakfast room for Spring and Summer.



 This candle holder is many years old but I love having a candle burning.
 The birdhouse lamp is one of my favorites. I usually have it on the hutch but decided this year to put it here and make a little vignette around it.

 The utensil holder and plate came from Target many years ago too. I like greens and blues in the Spring and Summer in the kitchen
 I wanted to show you this arrangement I did 2 weeks ago. I found this bunch of faux peonies at a favorite garden center for a FABULOUS price. I knew I could put them in my Grandmother's vase, that I treasure.
 The colors are perfect!
 I love the little ferns added too.
 
Thanks for your visit. Tonight as I write this I am having trouble visiting ANY blogs so hope to be able to tomorrow. I hope you all have a beautiful day and I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day!
XO, Pinky
 
I am sharing here:

Metamorphosis Monday,


 

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,


 

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME

Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 

Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday

Let’s Dish!

Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop

Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday
 

8 comments:

  1. Love seeing the rooms as they flow together...you have beautiful light streaming in. I can only imagine how beautiful it is in person...and kudos to Joe for taking the time to clean out the curio cabinet...a chore that I dread!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shirley. I would love for you to see it in person!

      Delete
  2. Your home always looks beautiful with the colors you you choose. I love seeing the sun streaming in!
    It makes me want to come in to sit & enjoy your beautiful treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky, I always enjoy your blog. Love the blue and white pottery and Asian pieces you have.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there, thanks so much. I am guessing you don't leave comments alot so I think you for this!!!

      Delete
  4. So warm and inviting! It's gorgeous how the sunlight streams in...so peaceful!

    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spring tour, I am loving the light that comes in. I agree with you, trends come and go but a home that looks like an adventure or that shares the memories is definitely a warm and cozy place I want to live in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...