Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Master Bedroom Sitting Area

Good morning my friends. We are having a heat wave, and it has been HOT! I got to the pool yesterday for the first day this season. I sat with my feet in the water most of the time and only lasted a couple of hours.
I shared the master decorated for summer in my last post so am now sharing the sitting area. I have gone for a sort of "British Colonial" vibe in here, as it is a look I have always loved.  Some of the elements of this design are dark woods, rattan and wicker, a touch of the tropics in plants, fabrics and textures, palm trees etc. So this is what I have done. This pillow was purchased many years ago in Fl. I tried to find a match but couldn't.
 On this side of the love seat I have a faux palm in a large wooden vase, a metal lantern, a rattan candle stick with a greens ball on it, the lion and a starfish for a nod to summer.
 The love seat is a favorite piece of mine. We bought it when we moved in here for this spot.

 The footstool is from India and was inherited from my in-laws. The brass and mahogany lamp was a gift from our son.
 The palm tree lamp on this table was purchased in Florida many years ago also.

The artwork above the love seat is a palm tree print that came from the old house.

 I have 2 of these bird and bamboo plates on each side of the windows. They are held by a metal bamboo plate holder.
 I aimed a spotlight on this one to show the detail of the plate holder.

 Candle holders do not always have to hold candles! This is a much better idea for the look I am going for.
 This monkey candle holder is another favorite piece.
 While I was taking photos the other day the birds must have been trying to see what I was doing:):)
 You can also see some of the detail of the brass on the floor lamp in this shot.
 I really think these might have been baby birds that just left the nest and are living in the bush under this window:)
Thanks for your visit.
XO, Pinky
I will be sharing here:

Metamorphosis Monday,



 

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,



 

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday


 

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME

Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 


Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday

Let’s Dish!

Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop

Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday
 

3 comments:

  1. What a great spot to sit and relax at the end of the day. I would probably have my coffee in the morning here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a welcoming place to sit; it looks so calming & relaxing. I love the plates & holders on the sides of your window and those adorable little visitors outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine relaxing in that beautiful space enjoying the start or end of the day, or just getting away from the heat of the summer!...Looks like the birds love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...