Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Favorite Appetizer for a Crowd

I have been absent from my blog for several reasons. One of them is that we had to take an emergency trip to Fl. when one of our loved ones cancer returned and they needed surgery. I am republishing this recipe for those of you who haven't seen it. It is definitely a crowd favorite! I hope you enjoy it!!! Most people call this "Cowboy Caviar". I don't know why but I do know it is delicious and everyone I have served it to, loves it. I hope you will try it soon! here is the recipe and some pics I took making it. I copied the recipe from "Spend With Pennies". 

COWBOY CAVIAR






A fresh, simple dip that can be thrown together in under 15 minutes!  This Cowboy Caviar makes a great side dish for any picnic, potluck, or party, and is a great way to use up your summer produce!




INGREDIENTS:



  • 3 Roma tomatoes , seeds removed, diced
  • 2 ripe avocados diced
  • 1 15 oz can black beans , rinsed and drained
  • 1 15 oz can black eyed peas , rinsed and drained
  • 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn , thawed (I just usually toss it in the salad frozen unless I plan on eating it immediately, it thaws quite quickly).
  • 1 bell pepper , diced (I used half a green and half a red, but color doesn’t matter)
  • ⅓ cup red onion , diced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper , seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
  • ⅓ cup Cilantro , finely chopped

DRESSING

  • ⅓ cup olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons lime juice (fresh preferred)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • Tortilla chips , for serving


  

DIRECTIONS:





Report this ad
http://www.mediavine.com/

  1. Combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, black beans, black eyed peas, corn, pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss/stir well so that ingredients are well-combined.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  3. Pour dressing over other ingredients and stir/toss very well.
  4. Keep refrigerated. If not serving immediately, be sure to toss/stir well before serving.
 As you can see I did a mix of green red and yellow sweet peppers.








Thanks for your visit. Not much is happening around here as Summer is winding down. Are you thinking of or planning for Fall? I am, planning and making lists:) I LOVE Fall and Fall decorating. But, I do NOT want to rush the seasons and I especially don't want to rush into Winter:(
XO, Pinky

I will share this here:

Metamorphosis MondayThe ScoopWow Us Wednesdays,
 Tablescape ThursdayFeathered Nest Friday

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful!....Yes, hard to think about Fall when it is so warm here....however, plan to do some Fall decor when the mums hit the stores! Can't resist them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbor just told me she got 2 mums at our Lowes yesterday!

      Delete
  2. I bet that is good! It’s colorful and attractive which piques the desire to try! I’m the same way about fall. I think about it, plan a little but don’t want to rush into it. With our long winter season I want to enjoy every bit of summer! I hope your relative is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...