Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Christmas Mantle and Hearth

Happy Wednesday everyone! This year we decided to retire the wreath with the deer that has hung on our fireplaces for too many years! So, we have a new look this year and I love it. I got the Santa picture at Kirklands several years ago and it hung in the hallway between our offices. I brought it out of hiding to feature here! Since the picture is of Santa, I am using some of my favorite Santas on the mantle too.
 I also got a new garland this year, the old one was very tired too. This is fuller and has a mix of greens, pinecones, berries etc. I love it. I did add some magnolia leaves that I had.
 I also embellished the garland with some pretty picks of gold leaves, berries, balls etc. 2 of my lit trees are featured too.

 On the hearth I continued the Santa theme.
 I added the gold lacy deer, some golden trees and some candles on silver pots.
 This is a Joyce Ditz Santa on a bike and carrying some trees.

 All of these Santas evoke memories for me. I remember where or when we bought them. I have been collecting Santas for many years.
 This guy is a favorite: he is a faux Belsnickle Santa. I have 2 real ones that I treasure.
The 2 Santas on the mantle were made by a lady in Texas. This is one of 2 Polish Santas. She would research what a Father Christmas would have worn and replicate that. She sent us the literature with the Santa. This one and the other on the other side are carrying dolls that were made in Kracow, Poland!
 This is the other Polish Santa.



 Some of the lights on the mantle have these pretty flower covers that I love.





 
Thanks so much for stopping by. I know how busy everyone is at this time.
XO, Pinky
 
I am sharing here:

 Metamorphosis Monday,

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 

Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
 
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

11 comments:

  1. Pinky, I LOVE your mantle. I bought that same picture for my daughter's house a few years ago at Kirkland's. I think it is one of the nicest Santas I have ever seen. Just darling. Your Santa collection is wonderful. I gave a lot of mine away a couple of years ago to the kids- they divided my collection up amongst the four of them. It is fun to see it in their homes now...at least it is not "gone".
    Have a wonderful Wednesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have given my daughter a few Santas too but have kept quite a few:)

      Delete
  2. Oh so pretty and i love your Santa collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky, you are the perfect mantel. I love the size of it. Seeing Santa there is magical. Beautifully decorated to enjoy this holiday season. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Santa really is watching at your house! He is so majestic up on the fireplace. I just love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful, Pinky! Love, love your Santa picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all just beautiful, Pinky. I love your Santas and your dining room table looks gorgeous. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful. I love all of your Santas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...