Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Small Changes for the Mantle

Good morning!!! I am so happy you are here! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Our weather was still VERY hot and humid. Being here in the northeast, and having cold winters I always forget how blazing hot July is here. I spend a lot of time watering:) But the other day I decided I wanted to make a few changes to the mantle and make it lighter and airier. Here's what I did. I have had 2 of these crane topiaries for years. I still love them and hadn't used them in awhile. So I brought one back out for this side of the mantle.
 On the other side I made this simple blue and white arrangement in a glass vase. Next to it is this blue candle holder that is crackled glass.
 I added a couple of larger shells from my collection, a couple of candles and a starfish.
 The blue and white jar completes the mantle.
 Everything ties in to the new artwork above the mantle. I still love this piece. I probably will change it out come Fall and Winter but LOVE it for Spring and Summer.
 I placed the crane on a stand to bring it up some to balance the flower arrangement.
 You all know I have a large collection of blue and white pieces so fell in love with this piece when I saw it.


 The hearth has remained the same.

 I didn't get any nighttime shots but it is so pretty with the wooden lanterns lit!
 
Thanks so much for your visit.
Xo, Pinky
 
I am sharing here:

Metamorphosis Monday,

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style


 
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

 
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
 
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
 
 
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 

 
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
 
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday
 

7 comments:

  1. Pinky, I love that topiary, love it. I think you have make a lovely summer theme around your fireplace. There a touch of the Orient in your mix. I have so many blue and white pieces like yours...I should bring them out. I have been lazy since spring, I have the same stuff on my mantle form then. LOL. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your vignettes. The mantel look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mantle & hearth look so pretty & I love the new art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mantel, Pinky! You really know how to pull things together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...