Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My Favorite Appetizer for a crowd.

Most people call this "Cowboy Caviar". I don't know why but I do know it is delicious and everyone I have served it to, loves it. I hope you will try it soon! here is the recipe and some pics I took making it. I copied the recipe from "Spend With Pennies".

COWBOY CAVIAR



A fresh, simple dip that can be thrown together in under 15 minutes!  This Cowboy Caviar makes a great side dish for any picnic, potluck, or party, and is a great way to use up your summer produce!



INGREDIENTS:


  • 3 Roma tomatoes , seeds removed, diced
  • 2 ripe avocados diced
  • 1 15 oz can black beans , rinsed and drained
  • 1 15 oz can black eyed peas , rinsed and drained
  • 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn , thawed (I just usually toss it in the salad frozen unless I plan on eating it immediately, it thaws quite quickly).
  • 1 bell pepper , diced (I used half a green and half a red, but color doesn’t matter)
  • ⅓ cup red onion , diced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper , seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
  • ⅓ cup Cilantro , finely chopped

DRESSING

  • ⅓ cup olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons lime juice (fresh preferred)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • Tortilla chips , for serving


DIRECTIONS:


Report this ad
http://www.mediavine.com/
  1. Combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, black beans, black eyed peas, corn, pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss/stir well so that ingredients are well-combined.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  3. Pour dressing over other ingredients and stir/toss very well.
  4. Keep refrigerated. If not serving immediately, be sure to toss/stir well before serving.
 As you can see I did a mix of green red and yellow sweet peppers.




Thanks for your visit. Not much is happening around here as Summer is winding down. Are you thinking of or planning for Fall? I am, planning and making lists:) I LOVE Fall and Fall decorating. But, I do NOT want to rush the seasons and I especially don't want to rush into Winter:(
XO, Pinky
 
I will be sharing here:

Metamorphosis Monday,

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style


 
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

 
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
 
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
 
 
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 

 
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
 
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday
 
 

5 comments:

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...