Sunday, January 5, 2014

~~~Master Bedroom in Winter~~~

Since Joe doesn't want me to take the Christmas decorations down yet (it is making me crazy now), I thought I would share the master and how it looks right now. I have been pinning away for some ideas for in here, so before it changes, I will share. The first picture I took this morning, as it was cloudy. The second was yesterday with the sun shing brightly and I thought it was a little too much of a glare.... The picture above the bed has the perfect colors and an oriental design.

 Joe's nightstand
 And mine. The picture is my 2 "kids" several years ago and  a picture of Joe stuck in the frame. I like to have all 3 of them beside me:)
 Do ya think I have a "pillow problem":):) The bedding is a taupe color and I love the black accents.
 And of course I have to have a touch of animal print.
 My faux fur throw. It is SO soft.
 The tree that I did for the bedroom this year.
 The candle on the table is LED so I can burn it safely. It is pretty with the cut out trees along the top.
 The elephants will go back to the living room.....when I am ever able to get Christmas put away:):)
 This is the sitting room of the master. I love this love seat and watch TV here or read. The TV is on the opposite wall on a swivel thingy so it can be seen here or from our bed. The little stool was my in-laws and is from India.
 That is me and my beautiful Mother. I was 2 years old, I believe. Sorry about my reflection in the picture.
 My dresser. We plan to get a new bedroom set, hopefully soon, and this will go upstairs to the guest room.
 My jewelry armoire.


 Joe's dresser.
 I made that arrangement MANY years ago. But I still like it here.
 I put this little ornament on the holder for Christmas.
Above is the lighted tray ceiling, and below is a pretty plate that is above my mirror on my dresser.

 2 of these are on either side of my dresser. They were from Vietnam and Joe framed them.

 Love this of Mt. Fuji.
 
Thanks for your visit! I will be linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

12 comments:

  1. What a nice large bedroom! Your furniture is beautiful. I guess it's the lighting in this place but I never saw the great details as well as I do in this house of your furniture pieces. I know it's driving you nuts but I think it's cute that Joe is holding out on your taking down your Christmas decorating! Mine is down, but I wanted to use the time Dan was home to help me lug the containers up and down the stairs. Stay warm (a big chill is hitting us now which means it's coming your way soon)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty bedroom! Your taste for Eastern decor is distinctive, and the various vignettes and arrangements really show off your personality. Looking forward to what you show us in the future for this room. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Pinky. Looks very comfy. I have lots of pillows too, they make the room look cozy..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bedroom is beautiful…so warm and romantic and exotic…have to say that I so love the pic of you and your mom…
    And I will send you an invitations to "Pillows Anonymous"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely bedroom and it looks huge! You have great pieces of furniture I'm glad your keeping them when you get a new set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother always loved Oriental decor..and now I find myself pulling that way too..
    Thanks so much for linking up to Twirl and Take a bow~!
    http://arttisbeauty.blogspot.com/2014/01/twirl-and-take-bow-link-party-and.html
    Hugs
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother always loved Oriental decor..and now I find myself pulling that way too..
    Thanks so much for linking up to Twirl and Take a bow~!
    http://arttisbeauty.blogspot.com/2014/01/twirl-and-take-bow-link-party-and.html
    Hugs
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your home Pinky! ANd you know how I feel about pillows. They are gorgeous. I adore the picture of you and your mom. You really look the same. I could tell that was you as a baby. Call me when you get home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your exotic bed room. It's like being on vacation each day! Lovely!
    Can't imagine what you will design next, I just know it will be fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks amazing in your beautiful new home.
    I didn't realize you liked the Eastern decor.
    Very good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! Hope to see you at the party this Tuesday. Have a great week!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your Asian touches -- really pretty. I love to see a room with personal things which express the owner's taste and inclinations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...