Tuesday, August 19, 2014

An Awning for the Deck!

We have wanted to get an awning for the deck since the deck was built! Now we have one! It came yesterday (Monday) and Joe got the brackets up, then after dinner several of the neighbor guys came to help him get it onto the brackets and installed! It is amazing what a difference it makes!  Here it is all installed.
 Here was the process. Jor installing the brackets. I was his assistant for this so he didn't have to go up and down the ladder a million times:)

 Bringing it up the steps to the deck.
 It's heavy!

 Bolting it into place.
 It works!!! We have a remote AND a crank in case the power gooes out.
 AHHHH....

From in the breakfast room. Now I won't burn my fingers when I go out this door! It gets so hot it is amazing!


 View from the pond.

 All the marigolds are growing so beautifully! I am SO anxious to decorate this area for Fall. Have LOTS of plans!!!!





 I always used to sit on our deck at the old house and eat my breakfast. Now I can do that here too!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
I am partying here:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

9 comments:

  1. Your awning is a wonderful addition to your deck and backyard. Your flowers are beautiful and your lovely landscaped yard is so inviting. I would love sitting on your deck or anywhere on your patio to enjoy the tranquility you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome addition, Pinky! I know you'll love how much cooler it will make your deck feel during the hot months! A beautiful outdoor oasis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful. You will love it. Awnings do make a big difference and now you can enjoy your deck even more. I do know all about installing awnings. My husband and I installed an even larger one by ourselves on our upstairs balcony with two ladders and ropes. Your yard is looking so pretty. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your awning adds so much to your deck, I just love it! Your deck, patio and pond are just beautiful. I look forward to spending time with you and Joe in that beautiful area of your backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the awning! You will enjoy your deck more now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that something is both pretty and functional...you will be able to use your deck more often....and not worry about burning your fingers!...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Very cool that it has a remote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky,
    Amazing new awning!!!
    Our deck is on the West and the heat is immense! We enjoy Spring and Fall morning coffee, but never in the Summer!
    Loved seeing all the vivid plantings within your back yard!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is perfect, Pinky! I know you are so much cooler now and it matches perfectly, too.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...