Thursday, June 29, 2017

A Patriotic Table for the 4th!

I am sharing this again as I didn't get a new table set yet for this year. Hope you enjoy! I decided to set a table for the fourth early so we could enjoy it for a few days. I don't decorate for the 4th but like setting a table. For me, the summer is going by too fast! I love the beautiful, warm days of summer. NOT the really hot ones, but I will not complain about them. It doesn't last long enough for me. So, on to the table: I started with a red, white and blue plaid tablecloth. I then added a blue placemat, white charger, red dinner, white embossed salad plate and the stars and stripes appy plate.
 The flag S and P were found years ago at, I think CTS.
 I had this patriotic bucket so placed a glass vase in it for the arrangement. I used to always have tons of blue hydrangeas to use but not this year:( So I am using the red monarda, , white astilbe, and blue bachelors buttons.
 A red bubble goblet is paired with a blue water glass holding a flag.
 I have a set of them plastic star martini glasses so decided they were the perfect candle holder if I turned them upside down! Necessity is the Mother of invention, right?
 I love these stars and stripes napkins that I found several years ago. Not sure where I got them. The red flatware does not just have to be for Christmas, right?



 My neighbor brought me some left over cupcakes so I added a flag pick. BTW, they were delicious!



I filled the gap between the vase and the bucket with some red fluff. I have a confession to make; The bachelors buttons are faux:)
 I love the red monarda for the 4th, it reminds me of fireworks!
 The fluffy, white astilbe is so pretty, but it fades fast. It turns kind of yellow.






 This morning I even had a patriotic breakfast:):)

Thanks for your visit. I have been summarizing the house with my LARGE collection of shells so will be sharing each room next week. Hope you will come back! I hope you all have a beautiful 4th, and take a moment to remember all the men and women who have fought for our freedom. I am so grateful to them all.
XO, Pinky

I will be sharing here:


12 comments:

  1. Oh how fun, I love it. Those star plates are amazing. Have a super fun 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your patriotic tablescape! I hope that you have a Happy Fourth of July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a festive table setting! Love your floral arrangement! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how beautiful everything looks, Pinky. That is Patriotically Perfect if you ask me. Hope you have a blessed 4th. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table Pinky!...and love how you turned that glass upside down!....Have a most safe and wonderful 4th...welcome home too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and festive table. The flowers are gorgeous! I like the glasses turned upside down to use as a candle holder. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinky,
    Gorgeous Patriotic Tablescape, dear friend!
    I adore how your floral centerpiece reminds me of exploding fireworks!
    Happy Fourth of July!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The tablecloth is my favorite thing. I have a love of plaid :).

    Happy 4th Pinky!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely patriotic tablescape Pinky. The little salt and peppers shakers are adorable. The floral centerpiece is so pretty. You have some awesome ideas here. I hope you are enjoying this special day. Thanks as always for sharing your creativity at DI&DI. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this table setting! Your star candle holder is perfect & the flowers look like fireworks! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked your table setting, particularly the dish stack - and the flowers do look like shooting fireworks!
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and festive table Pinky...Always adore your gorgeous flower arrangements...may you and your family have a most wonderful and safe 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...