Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Little Summer Tour, and some new finds!!!!

I thought I would bring you along on a little tour of my home all dressed for Summer. It sure IS summer with temps in the mid 90's and "feel like" temps of over 100. The older I get the worse it gets to me. I used to be able to bake out in the sun but NO MORE!!! So let's come inside where it is nice and cool and look around! I added some of my shell collection to the stairs.

 In the dining room I set a table featuring shells on the runner, on the dishes and on the placemats and garland!


 Keeping it simple on my tiny server.
 I hadn't shown you, but we placed this picture here in the dining room. It had been in the foyer when we moved in then was replaced by the large mirror. I missed this picture so here it is. I think it looks beautiful in here.

 When you come in the front door and look to the left, this is what you see.
 On the credenza I added some more shells.

 This large jar is a new purchase. Actually I should call it a steal as I got it at Home Goods for a STEAL!!!!
 I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.
 Over by the chair I have more of my blue and white jars.
 The mantle features more shells tucked in with the jar and lantern and garland.

 These 2 light blue embroidered pillows are another recent purchase. Another steal! They are very well made and came in a pair for.....are you ready....$6.99 for the pair!!!!! My koi pillow is a very favorite. All 3 of these pillows were purchased at Burlington Coat Factory! They have beautiful linens for fabulous prices!

 On the round table there is a large, knobby starfish, and some other shells.
 A shell candle holder with a LED candle sit on one of my elephants from Vietnam.
 I LOOOOVE these elephants! I inherited them from my in-laws.
 This is the summer vignette on the coffee table.
 The view from the living room into the kitchen.
 And I will wind up with a picture of the coral pillows on the master room bed. We have a project going on in here that I hope to be able to share with you soon!!!!
 
Thanks so much for your visit!
XO, Pinky
 
I will be sharing here:


24 comments:

  1. Love the shells scattered throughout your home! Perfectly summer touches in your beautiful spaces! ...pretty coral pillows! Hope your week is off to a great start! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that frilly cushion on your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky. your home looks so beautiful! love all the summer touches. Your new jar is gorgeous. Enjoy the rest of your week! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks so inviting and beautiful. I love your colors and I love, love, love that zebra rug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marty. I got the rug (and we have the same one in the dining room) at Wayfair!!!

      Delete
    2. I have that rug, I moved it to another room. I didn’t think it would go with my chinoiserie blue and white but you did a great job to make it work

      Delete
  5. A most beautiful summer home tour Pinky!!!....and love that very large blue and white ginger jar you found at HomeGoods!.....Cannot believe the summer is flying by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, about Summer flying by! I found a beautiful stand for that jar today! Wil share soon!

      Delete
  6. Your have a beautiful home and it looks gorgeous for Summer! I adore blue and white pottery and love how is is displayed in your home. I am going to have to check Burlington out. What a bargain on those pillows! I haven't been there in years. I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so mmuch, Shannon! Hope you find some bargains at Burlington:)

      Delete
  7. Pinky,
    Your lovely home decorated with blue and white jars along with the sea shells appear "cool" and inviting, dear friend!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are brilliant with seashells and I believe I have said this before. Stair decoration, lovely blue pots, and flowers are beautiful. I always can't take off my eyes from your projects. You always comes with the best decor ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly have a gift for decor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Pinky! My favorite detail is your stunning stair display with the blue and white jars mixed with the shells and candles! Stay cool...it's sweltering here too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have created a lovely beach influenced decor and a pretty way to bring the outside in too. I especially love the blue and white ginger jars, so elegant. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things link party xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the lovely home tour, Pinky. Your summer decorations are just beautiful. Well done!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Pinky, you do have some awesome finds. Loving the pretty tablescape. I love seeing your house tour. So pretty and fresh. Very beachy and calming. Thanks so much for sharing your home tour at DIDI. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blue and white is absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/08/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-6-13.html Have a lovely rest of the week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...