Friday, November 30, 2012

~~~Decorating my Best Friends House!!!~~~

 Happy Saturday everyone. I have been a crazy, decorating fool this past week and that is the reson I have been MIA from blogging. I apologize! But now I am ALMOST done; I have to do outside today. But so far I have decorated my daugter and SIL's house, my best friends house (this post) and my house! OY!!! But it is fun. I love doing it, I am just realizing now that my right hand is NOT GOOD. It is painful for me to now cut stems of flowers and to make bows. DARN! But I am working through that. Anyway, enought of that. I want to share my friend, Wenda's home. I help her do it every year. We have been friends for 45 years and we also share a birthday!!!!!!!!! Isn't that amazing!!??  So this is her tree. I did the topper a little differently this year because she had bought some new branches. Plus her ceiling is VERY high so I wanted to make her tree GROW a little:)
 Here are some tips for you when decorating your tree. I use these fabulous leaf branches to fill in spaces that need a little something. Then I place these grape clusters so they look like they are part of the branch.
 Flowers are always a great filler on a tree, or wreath.
 Her ornaments are all burgundy or gold, SO pretty. I also found these pearl like berries and they just POP against the tree.

 I make the branches stick out a little bit beyond the edge of the tree.

 Have any of you seen the glitter spray paints??? I use glitter gold on plain burgundy flowers and they look terrific. Another tip, if you can't find the COLOR of a flower that you want, just spray paint a white one!!!!!


 Here is her mantle this year. After I took these pics we went shopping and she found beautiful gold candles for the candle holders. There are 2 more on the hearth, and for some reason I didn't get a shot of the hearth????
 We also did her wonderful stairway.
 Lots of garland, lights and decorations!
 It goes across the bridge upstairs too.

 More flowers, grape clusters and leaf branches.
 I got these grape clusters several years ago at the place where I worked and they have never carried them again. I am so glad I got enough for her and me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Then we moved on to decorating her ledges with her village pieces.
 We just used buffalo snow around the pieces and white lights.
 This is a sleigh I made her several years ago for her coffee table.

 So, that is her beautiful home all dressed up for Christmas!!! I will start to share MY house next week. It has been alot of fun deciding what to use and where to put it in this new house!
I hope you all have a GREAT weekend. I am joining some of these great parties:
SEASONAL SUNDAY

MOSAIC MONDAY

MEET ME MONDAY
METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesadys Treasures
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thanks SO much for stopping by. I promise to be a BETTER BLOGGER:):) XO, Pinky

17 comments:

  1. Pinky,
    This is an exquisite tree, dear friend!!! Your best friend is so~o~o fortunate to have you decorate her home for Christmas! I'm loving your bows...and I understand what you mean by pain in your hand...my is the left hand!!! I, too, have the same red and gold Traditional theme with gilded fruit and berries!!! You'll be amazed at the similarity! I'm anxious to see your FIRST Christmas in your NEW home! I'll be watching for a post soon!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinky you have been busy! You are spreading beauty to everyone close to you!! So gorgeous!

    I love the pearl colored berries on the tree..could I ask where you found them?

    xoxo
    Karena
    2012 Artists Series and Giveaway from The House of Edward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky, you did an amazing job on your friend's house! So cool that you have the same birthday! I love the "topper." It's just beautiful everything you do! Sorry about your hand! Hope it's better soon!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas decorating. The bows are gorgeous and I love the stair rails decked so wonderfully.
    Truly wonderful. You are such a lovely person to decorate your best friend's house. Yes, I am your secret Santa who snuck in during the night to re-decorate your blog. Merry Christmas! XO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Pinky! Very rich looking and I love that you share a birthday, couldn't be neater with a bff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the topper, Pinky-Poo. You sound so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Pinky...you have been a very busy lady!!...You did a stunning job on your friends home...everything is so magnificent..from the tree to the bannister...pretty, pretty everywhere!!!..I am sure she is over the top happy with what you had done!! I would be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pinky! You have been one busy lady! Your friend's house is gorgeous and what a friend you are to help her each year. You're just amazing! Now, I could be your best friend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinky~ You've been busy as Santa's elves with all your Christmas decorating! I know everyone is thrilled with how you deck the halls for them! I help my MIL every year with her tree, mantle, and stairs. I'm looking forward to seeing how Christmas arrives at your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! You did a fabulous job! Never would've thought to spray paint flowers. Can't wait to see your house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas decor is so lovely. It makes me feel festive and jolly! :)

    May you have joy and peace this wonderful holiday season my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your means of telling evеrything in thiѕ ρаragгарh is
    rеаlly gooԁ, all bе сapable οf eaѕily be aware оf іt, Thanks a lot.


    Mу site; οrganіc pοtting sоіl ()

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am reаllу іnspired with your wrіtіng talеnts anԁ alѕo with the structuгe to yοur blοg.

    Ιs thіs a рaid subjеct matteг οr did you
    modify іt yourself? Εitheг way κeеp up the nice hіgh quаlitу ωгiting, іt’s
    raгe tо sеe a niсе weblog like thіѕ one nοwаdays.
    .

    Stοp by my web-sіte - what is going green

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ι haѵe beеn surfing onlіne moгe than 2 hours tοday, yet I
    nеveг found any іntеresting аrtiсle lіke yours.
    It’s pretty worth enough for me.
    In my νiew, if all web owners and bloggers maԁe gooԁ
    content as you did, thе web will bе
    a lot more useful than eѵer bеfore.

    My hοmеpagе; garden

    ReplyDelete
  16. Waу cοol! Somе vеry vаlіd poіntѕ!
    I appreciatе уou рennіng thіs aгtіcle аnd аlso thе
    rеst of the ωеbѕite is еxtгemely gоod.


    Αlso visit my web page; organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post. I lеarn something new anԁ challenging on websites I stumbleupon
    еvery day. It will always be usеful tο rеad contеnt from other
    wrіtеrs and uѕe somеthing fгоm оther sites.


    Stορ by my ωebsіte
    :: orgаnic potting soіl (wiki.ustea.org)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...