Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Late August around the Yard

I thought I should share some pictures I took about 2 weerks ago before I share the Fall decorations outside (and in). We had beautiful, mild temps for most of the month of August and the flowers all did beautifully! Here are a few shots.These first 2 are of one of the water lilies in the pond. Wea re SO thrilled to have them, at the old house they never bloomed due to not enough sun!

 This is a pink one
 SO many laly pads.
 The marigolds all around the pnd have done very well, wait til you see how big they are now! Plus they will look good for Fall too! Bonus!

 The geraniums are blooming profusely as well.
 This is a cardinal flower. They love wet feet and the humming birds love them!


 The limelight hydrangeas.

 Imaptiens in a pot on the front "porch".
 Knock out roses.

 Peach geranium.
 The front of the house, which will be totally transformed tomorrow:)
 Our "rock garden".
 Petunias in a hanging pot.
 More impatiens

 Dianthus
 Hydrangea tree

12 comments:

  1. Your yard is so beautiful and bright. I'm looking forward to seeing the Fall yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning colours and beautiful blooms ~ and I cannot wait to see what you do for Fall! ~~~waving~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am swooning over your beautiful water lilies..Just love your pond...and how wonderful that you still have such gorgeous flowers this late in the summer....
    Looking forward to your transformations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your flowers are still so pretty. Mine are getting a little tired. The lilies are my favorites. I just think they are so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...the water lilies are incredible. Everything is gorgeous, Pinky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to seeing the "fall" yard. Buying some plants later this weekend. Where did all this heat come from? Hard to get motivated. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous color Pinky. Your water lilies are so pretty. Fall is coming and I know you will love decorating for it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Pinky!
    Your lovely late summer flowers are just glorious! Very impressed with the water lilies. Can't wait to see what you do for Fall! Catherine (latest follower of your blogging adventures!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to look at flowers! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Pinky! I love your water lilies in bloom and your limelight hydrangea makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pinky, your flowers are so beautiful! It is so nice to be able to still enjoy them. I'm excited to see your transformations and all of your Fall decor. You always have such pretty vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful my friend. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. I hope you saw the giveaway I posted yesterday. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...