Monday, April 27, 2015

Some Changes in the Living Room

This is the view when I come down the stairs. Yes, our master IS on this main floor but many nights I can not sleep due to a certain someone's snoring and retreat to the guest room upstairs. I love seeing this view first thing in the morning.

 I changed out the vignette on the mantle too.
 I redid this arrangement. I took the yellow forsythia out and added more white flowers and some more greens. Since then I have found some more of the poppies so have added them now. The little blue and white pot holds a faux ball.
 The little lady is a piece my Mom gave us and I plced her up on the glass candle stick with some greens. She replaces a bunny that was here. The faux hydrangea is in a blue and white pot.
 I put a nest and some faux greens in this cloche and put it all on a stand.
 The sun comes in from the east in the early morning then swings around to the back of the house that faces south. I LOVE how light and bright the whole back of the house is all day!

 Looking around the room from different angles.

 The light changes from minute to minute.


 I got 2 faux ferns for my handled pot. I have tried several real plants and they never do well so I gave up for now:)
 This guy is one of my favorites. I inherited him from my in-laws. Another treasured piece.
 For the first 2 years we were here I had a large hibiscus in this corner. I ended up deciding to get rid of it cause it was so messy and so ugly. I like this table here much better. The lamp is from my son. Another treasure:)
 I wish I knew who did this for my parents. I am just glad that I have it!
Thanks so much for your visit. I will be sharing this at these great parties:

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful room, and what a treat to see that every morning.
    I especially love all of your blue and white.
    Where did you find those fabulous large blue and white urns?
    Have a wonderful week!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I have been collecting the blue and white for 30 years! I actually just got a new one yesterday at Home Goods!!! The very large ones came from my son, he had an antique store for several years.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. I love your new color, everything looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty room, Pinky! It would be a welcoming sight. And I can sure identify with the snoring, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, ML. That is a huge compliment coming form you. XO

      Delete
  4. Hi Pinky! Your morning view would make me smile as well! You have such gorgeous and unique accessories and such a knack for putting it all together. I have to sometimes retreat to our guest room too, lol! (Just last night in fact...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. How come it is that WE have to move? Why not the snorer? LOL! Problem is, I can't wake him to get him to move:):)

      Delete
  5. Pinky, your blue and white collection is just gorgeous. It has inspired me to "grow" my collection! You can never have too much! P.S. I have just started following you on Instagram as well (just in case you wondered who the crazy stalker was!!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, what is your name on Instagram??? I will follow you too!!!

      Delete
  6. It's cathy_temple I just started doing it and I'm obsessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pinky...Love your warm and welcoming room. I especially love your blue and white pieces!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your living room is gorgeous. It's so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a treat waiting for you each morning! You are blessed to have such beautiful light. I do love all the blue and white touches you have! Your floors are so pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinky .... your living room is a feast for the eyes!...I love the colors in the room and the amazing floral arrangements that you create....such a beautiful and cheerful room!....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...