Monday, January 26, 2015

~~~Decorating with Blue and White~~~

I have been tweeking some vignettes around the house, adding some things and just "putzing" as I call it. To me, blue and white is classic and will never go out of style. I have been collecting it for 31 years now. Probably won't buy any more, I don't think I have room for more:) I thought I would share what I have here in my home. You all that follow me have seen these jars on the steps in the foyer since we moved in. At Christmas I use red LED candles but the rest of the time they are these creamy ones.  When we saw the model of this house I knew right away that I would do this and display some of my blue and white jars here, as soon as you walk in.
 Right by the front door is this display. My SIL gave us the little bird house as a housewarming gift so I found this plant stand that would fit perfectly here to hang it. Added the pot of ivy on the shelf.
 In the living room I grouped several vases.
 On this side I have my largest jar, that was a gift from my son. It is definitely my favorite. The planter that the tree is in was a gift many years ago from my best friend. Geesh, actually the corner looks different right now too:) I keep moving things.
 The top of the curio is actually a little different already, I added a sprig of greens up there but the lighting is horrible to get a good shot right now. The curio is filled with more jars and our Hummels.




 This handled basket is another favorite piece. I just added some faux greenery.
 I sit here on the sofa to read so keep a book here under this jar. My elephants are my prized possesions. My FIL brought them back from Vietnam during the war.
 The 2 sofa tables also have jars on them.

 I made this little vignette recently. I just got the flowers that are in the vase today, specifically for this vase. The Asian guy is nice here too.
 Hmm, sorry this one turned out blurry!



 
Thanks for your visit. I so appreciate you all. I also read every comment and try to reply too. Have a beautiful week. As I type this it is Sunday afternoon and the snow is supposed to start tonight. I think we may not get too much, that the coast will get more. I hope!!!! Stay warm and dry, where ever you are. XO, Pinky
I am partying with:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE blue and white pieces and you have some beauties Pinky! Love that garden stool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much, martina, that stool is a favorite of mine too. Got it years ago for a song!!~!

      Delete
  2. You definitely have the best collection of blue and white pieces! I've always admired your collection. There are a bunch of pieces my mother has that I hope to get some day. Your curio looks great and really showcases your pieces. I've always admired that really big piece next to the curio cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! I am fortunate that I started collecting so many years ago!

      Delete
  3. Your blue and white is absolutely beautiful in your home. The large jars...Oh my, gorgeous! I've recently let a little blue sneak back into my home and I am loving it. Absolutely a classic and timeless color. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pinky! I just love your blue and whites! You have the prettiest pieces and your home is so beautiful. Since we've moved, I'm bringing in a bit of blue and white too. I have always loved it. Years ago I had lots of blue but changed things out, you know, like we always do!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sheila, I am anxious to see what you have!! Yor home is so pretty already!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Many moons ago, a great friend of mine had a wonderful collection of blue and white like yours. I was so jealous! They are so beautiful collected like that. That's really a timeless look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love your blue and white. It is timeless. I keep most of my collection in our bedroom but I am starting to scatter a few pieces around the house as well. As alway, you have the prettiest things. We are getting big snow in CT - they say up to 4 ft!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you bring some out for everyone to see! Stay warm, this storm is going to be something big!!!

      Delete
  7. I had forgotten how extensive your gorgeous collection of blue and white is!...I love it throughout your home...
    Stay safe and warm Pinky!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky, I adore your collection of blue and white. It's so elegant. Your black cabinets in the kitchen are stunning--love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ML!!! Coming from you, that is a huge compliment!!! XO

      Delete
  9. Pinky, I'm so delighted that you shared your amazing collection of blue and white jars with us at Project Inspire{d}! I am a huge fan of beautiful blue and white pieces like yours and you have the best collection. What a treat it is to see them all together like this.
    Be blessed!! [hugs]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty uses of blue and white. You have some lovely things and you display them well. I am a big fan also. It is very on trend lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pinky,
    Oh, my dear friend, you have a gorgeous collection of blue & white jars and vases!!!
    Very striking seeing them line your stairway!!!
    I love how you've grouped them together at the sofa table and
    above and within the curio cabinet.
    The sun light in your home brings such a warm, inviting feeling!!!
    We are to receive rain this weekend. . .NO S N O W, yet!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...