Thursday, August 9, 2018

Palm Trees at the Table!

We just spent 11 days away. It was not a vacation. We had to go to Florida when we learned that a loved one's cancer returned and they needed surgery. So, it was not a fun trip but it facilitated a mini family reunion; as my daughter flew down and my son lives there so the 4 of us got to spend a day and evening together and THAT was wonderful. I just LOVE palm trees and anything tropical so when I got home I needed to set a pretty tropical table with palm trees.
 It is just a simple setting but reminds me of the palm trees swaying in the breezes in Florida.
 A water hyacinth place mat, the palm dinner plate, solid green salad plate and palm tree plate make up the stack.

 Palm leaf napkins, simply folded. No napkin ring for this table.
 And of course, my palm tree flatware. I actually found this at CTS( Christmas Tree Shops), several years ago and couldn't grab it fast enough!
 For my centerpiece I borrowed this monkey candle holder from the bedroom and used a rope ball on a candle ring.

 I had found this runner at Ross last week for $6.00!



 These S and P were my in laws. I have always loved them. They are probably over 50 years old now!

 I placed a wicker votive holder at each of our places.
 2 palm tree taper holders flank the centerpiece.

 At night I lit the candles, just for you! It isn't dark when we eat dinner (thank God) so I waited til it got dark:)








Thanks so much for stopping by. I haven't had much to post about but Fall is creeping up on us and then there will be TONS to share. I want to enjoy summer til the bitter end though. We are having another heat wave and it has been SO humid. I wish it was just a little cooler, today it was 95 IN the garage!!! Crazy!
XO, Pinky

I will share here:

Metamorphosis MondayThe ScoopWow Us Wednesdays,
 Tablescape ThursdayFeathered Nest Friday

5 comments:

  1. Very cute Pinky. I have those palm plates. The monkey is adorable. This summer has been very hot. Stay cool. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all will be well for your loved one in FL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the palm tree items, your flatware is perfect with the whole setting! I also love the texture of the placemats with all the palms. I will say a little prayer for your loved one, I wish you all strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like palm trees, too ...cute table setting.
    Yes, I wondered about why the girl's winnings on Deal or No Deal with the SUV was so much but....that's what the show said.....go figure.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of my many years in Florida!....beautiful table and you have such a wonderful collection of all things palm trees!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...