Monday, April 29, 2013

~~~Our Neighborhood Progressive Dinner Table and Food!!!~~~

 Hello!!! This past Saturday night we participated in our neighborhood Progressive Dinner! It was alot of fun! We hosted one of the appetizer courses here. I confessed to Yvonne, today while we were shopping and having lunch that I shamelssly copied her idea of the white cherry blossoms for my table. It is such a beautiful and dramatic look and so simple to do.  I started with a white cut out tablecloth that I just LOVE and then used my green, white and brown Spring runner for the centerpiece. I added nests, birds etc. The square willow chareger/trays are another organic element for the table. I love LOTS of textures! My faux terrarium is in the center of the table.
 My Napolean Bee silverware was a must for this table too.

 These little bird topped cloches were found several years ago and I placed them down into a nest that sits in a glass bowl for stability.

 This was the only shot I remembered to get of Joe making the wam shrimp in a slaw that was delicious! I will share the recipe soon.
 I also made individual taco dips. I used plastic cups for easy (and quick) clean up since we had to leave to go to the next house:)
 Cucumber sandwiches are always a hit too.

 Paper plates, again for ease of clean up:)
 The bar. We also offered a drink that Joe created called a "Peachy Pink Martini" in my honor. My maiden name was Martini, so I was Pinky Martini til I got married. The drink was a big hit too, even the men liked it:)
 This is the shrimp in the warm slaw.


We had such a nice evening. Everyone who came to our house hadn't seen it yet and they all seemed to love it. This neighborhood is very unique in that there have been 3 phases and 3 different builders so there are MANY styles of homes in here. I like that alot. It does NOT look like a "cookie cutter" development at all. I hope you have enjoyed this little tour. I will share more Spring "feathering of our nest" soon. XO, Pinky
Linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Stone Gable,, for Tutorial, Tips and Tidbits
Motivated Monday at Be Colorful
Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter
More the Merrier Monday at DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Savvy Homemade Monday at Home Savvy A to Z
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
It's A Party on Thursday at A Creative Princess
Show and Share on Thursday at Southern Lovely
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations
Remodelaholic's Anonymous on Friday at Remodelaholic
Addicts (not so) Anonymous on Friday at Addicted 2 Decorating
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sew Darn Crafty Sunday at http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday

24 comments:

  1. Your table looks so pretty and all of the food looks delicious. I'd love to try some of it when we come up in June! Also would love to try your special drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful table is only matched by that fabulous food spread! Oh yum! I love how you set the table, very spring~like and so many cute ideas like the individual taco cups, and even the pretty paper plates. Of course your neighbors love your house, it's beautiful!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky, what a lovely spring table! The food looks and sounds so yummy, too. But I think my favorite thing is learning about Pinky Martini. I think that is so cute. I'm going to have to say that a couple of times since it makes me smile. You are a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pinky, I hope you share the martini recipe with us. Nice to have a drink named after you! I want to have a Pinky Martini in your honor or and I will officially call it that! Love the taco dip in the individual cups too. great idea. All looks delicious and pretty.
    XO Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table looks gorgeous and I love the appys. Drink sounds wonderful too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and your table looks beautiful. I love your selection of appetizers too. Your dining room is so pretty. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous table Pinky and the appetizers look wonderful...I am sure Yvonne was flattered that you took inspiration from her Cherry Blossom table...
    Looks like a great time was had by all....and by the way, there is something headed your way!...Possibly by Thursday...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pinky.... you ALWAYS make everything look so beautiful and inviting. The food looks scrumptious! Think I'd like to have one of those pink Martini's right now..
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an excellent job in the Yvonne copy-cat blossom display - I'm sure she'd be impressed too! Makes me want to try that sometime. So many delish looking appetizers! I'd need to walk a long way to the next house to be hungry after trying all those yummy things - especially like the individual taco dips, lots of work with the layering of those but so worth it in how fun they look! Would love to try the pink martini too = cool name!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is so springy and inviting Pinky! I'm sure Yvonne was flattered with your cherry blossoms at the table! So funny we both posted taco dips the same time :) Joe's warm shrimp and slaw sounds delicious! I'm looking to the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Individual taco dips is GENIUS!!! We used to always have a neighborhood progressive dinner on New Years Eve. Then it got to be that the same people were hosting over & over but more & more people were attending. Oh well! It was fun while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinky,
    What a gorgeous table you set for your Progressive Dinner Party, dear friend!!! Love the white cherry blossoms!!!
    Great idea for individual cups and paper plates for ease in clean~up and mobility to move on to the next home! I'll remember that tip when our next Progressive Brunch Bunch gets together incase I don't get dessert this time around!!!
    I L O V E that Joe named a drink for his beloved!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg I'm so excited to have found your blog! I love party and table ideas! I can't wait to read more.
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pinky, This is so much fun! I love these progressive dinners. Everyone gets to contribute and that keeps things fun. The table is gorgeous and I'm sure Yvonne is thrilled that you were inspired by her:) I like the individual dips and the nature themed table is lovely. The nest and cherry blossoms are my favorite.

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful thing to share with your friends and neighbors. I envy this lovely get together. Thank you for sharing at the hop my sweet bloggy friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You explained all of this at lunch... but seeing it in person... wonderful!!! LOVE how you brought the best of spring inside! I have to make those individual dips. Adorable!
    Thanks for the shout-out!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the visit, yes I did see this post, your table is stunning and I really like the way you did your centerpiece. It is fun to do a longer area, you can add such interesting things. Love your appetizers too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pinky, the flowers are lovely and the food looks delicious. Love the bee flatware too. xo, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its such as you read my mind! You seem to grasp a lot approximately this, such
    as you wrote the e book in it or something.
    I feel that you just can do with a few percent to power the message
    house a little bit, but instead of that, that is wonderful blog.
    A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

    Also visit my weblog :: zquiet free trial

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pinky, what a fun neighborhood! I love the idea of a movable feast. Your table and food look amazing. I'll bet you were the talk of the neighborhood.
    Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the silverware! It's perfect! The taco dips look delicious too. You've given me a lot of great ideas for a brunch I'm having soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Pinky, your table looks so pretty and inviting! The dip in the plastic cups was a great idea. I'm sure everyone had a fun time!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun evening and all your touches are beautiful!! The little taco cups are so creative. I'm thinking that I wouldn't need to eat the next course, yours looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...