Thursday, August 4, 2011

~~~Outside my Kitchen Window~~~

Hi everyone. This morning when Joe went out to get a cup of coffee this is what he saw! This is a branch sticking up from a rhododendron and the hummingbird was perched on it. He stayed a long time. I think this is his "spot"!!! I took several pictures but they were all blurry so I got the tripod and set it up and he was still there.

 Beautiful red throat. This is a male. They are so pretty!!!!! We have a feeder on the deck off the breakfast room so he is going back and forth to that.






It is a cloudy day today so I am going through a PILE of recipes that I took out of the cabinet I showed you yesterday. I have thrown out a BIG pile of them, they are REALLY old. Into the recycling bin they go! Have a great day! XO, Pinky   Click on pics to enlarge..

13 comments:

  1. I love to sit & watch the hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinky,
    How did he stay so still so long??? It was destiny that you were able to photo shoot and share with us today!
    Lovely!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see hummingbirds too but they are so hard to catch. Lucky you to get such great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to get pictures of hummingbirds. We have lots of them here, but getting them to hold still rarely happens. You must have been so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grat pictures of this precious little miracle bird....they're so sweet.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are a treasure. Thank you for sharing these special moments. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how entertaining something as simple as watching an innocent little bird is, isn't it? We have a few that love to stop by every morning their chirping is the first thing I hear in the morning and I love watching them and how they interact..fascinating and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watching birds is very relaxing. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there
    That sweet hummingbird was loving having his picture taken. He is so cute and you took a great picture. Do you have a feeder for them? We enjoy watching ours too.

    I hope you didn't through out recipes you are going to be looking for one day... *s*. I find that so hard to do

    have a great day
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love birds is really nice!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is amazing that he was still there after you set up your tripod! they are such wonderful birds- love them.
    good luck with the stack of recipies... I need to do that too;)

    happy Sunday!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looked like he was posing for the camera. How cute. We used to have a ton of them when we lived at the lake, we don't have as many around here now. I'm not sure if it's the dogs or what. I always enjoyed watching them swoon in.. hope you get a chance to swing by to see the changes I made in part of the shop... hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...