Monday, August 12, 2013

~~~A Seaside Supper~~~

Good Monday morning! On Sat. night  Joe and I hosted our dinner group, so I wanted to share our "seaside" table with you; even though we were in the dining room and NOT seaside:) But, I am hanging onto the last vestiges of summer for a little while longer. Fall is my favorite time of year but I do savor the last of summer. So, here we go. This is a picture heavy post, I wanted to share it all:) This first picture is turned and it won't let me rotate it, SORRY!!!!
 I started with a bright white tablecloth, then added either a blue or turquoise placemat. Then I used a solid blue dinner plate, a fish embossed dessert plate, topped with a turquoise salad plate and a starfish. We had our salad first and then our main course was shrimp creole! I will share that recipe in an upcoming post. It was really delicious. A nice crusty bread was great for sopping up ALL the sauce:)
A wine glass and a water goblet for each place, and a shell votive.
 The pillars matched the blue plates. I added some shells to the candle ring.
 I only have 4 of these fish napkin rings so every other placesetting had a shell napkin ring.

I only have 2 of these shell chargers so they were at the heads of the table.
 The bees were buzzing the table too!

 As you can see, I still don't have window treatments in here but it doesn't bother me yet. I love the brightness of this room, since my old dining room was SO dark!
All the shell napkin rings have a different design.



 I made a little vignette on the server too.


The bubble goblets remind me of the ocean!
Love my shell and driftwood candle holders, new last year from Home Goods.




 Lois brought dessert and it was a birthday cake for Wenda and I!!! We share a birthday later this month!!!!


 These are our VERY best friends, Bill and Wenda. We got married 6 weeks apart, we are coming up on our 46th anniversary and Joe and Bill ahve known each other since HS!!!!
 Our other VERY good friends, Janet and Tom.
 Joe was holding in a laugh here, I think. I am sure Bill said something:):)
 Our dessert plates ready for CAKE!!!!
 We placed the cake on my pretty white cake plate.
 Lois cut the cake for us and I am sorry I missed Al. He is right behind her
 Of course, we had to have some "Barefoot" wine!
 The cake was filled with a DELICIOUS lemon filling. It was wonderful! Perfect after the spicy creole.

 Thanks for your visit, I wish you ALL could have been here. I am linking to these parties, please stop over and see some wonderful inspiration there too!!!!! XOXO, Pinky
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME

A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday~

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday~

2805 for Potpourri Friday~

At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday~


Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
 

22 comments:

  1. Hi Pinky....what a fantastic seaside table...perfect setting for your creole..and I spy some cute starfish in your window...looks like a great time with great friends...and Happy Birthday (a little early)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday month, Pinky!!! You are one very beautiful girl!!! LOVE your pretty seaside tablescape... especially those watery blue dishes!!! What a yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like you were all having fun! The table was so pretty I love the bees on the silverware. Fall is my favorite time of year too but it seems like we have started fall up here already. Have a great week, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looked beautiful. I just LOVE those candlesticks! It was great to see your guests, too . . . I like that you included them in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinky,
    Each tablescape you do just gets better than thelast one, dear friend!!! I love the color combination used here and all the elements of the sea. . .shells, sand, bubbles, fish...just gorgeous!!!!
    Your crisp white linens make the blue & turquoise PoP with such impact!!!
    Loved seeing the faces of your friends!!! You are Joe are an amazing couple!!! Happy Birthday. . .a tad bit early!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first comment on your blog, I've visited many times but I am just now getting brave enough to leave a comment. I really like those turquoise shell dishes. I would like someday to use some of your ideas like the shell candle holders to do a tablescape of my own. I have not figured out yet how to post on a blog but I do intend to keep on trying.

    Thank you for the inspiration,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pinky the seaside tablescape is just so so creative, the napkin rings are so cute, shells and the glass ones...I love those square plates, they are so pretty on this table,,I will be right over and have some of the barefoot, thank you.....thanks for sharing...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pinky, this is so pretty, and I love the pic of you and hubby. Beautiful tablescape. Thanks for linking to Inspire me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. O, Pinky, your table is just perfect. Love it all.
    Happy Birthday month....
    Have a great week.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy early birthday! Love the table. The colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pinky and Happy Birthday! Oh, your table is gorgeous! Look at all of your pretty dishes and pieces. Save me some of that delicious looking cake.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Pinky, it sure looks like you had a wonderful time, a perfect formula for fun, food + friends + wine! I have dish envy over your beachy plates and the driftwood candlesticks are so unique and great looking! Thanks for sharing your party!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. B E A U T I F U L ! ! !

    And to celebrate with such long time friends is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful table scape you created! Love all the layers and detailing. So pretty!

    The lemon cake looked delicious and I will wait for your upcoming recipe post ... have never made shrimp creole but love to eat it!

    So much fun to have good friends over for dinner. Happy early Birthday to you, Pinky!

    You and Mr. Pinky are such a sweet couple. :) Thanks for sharing.

    xoxox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful to share so many memories and to create new one with life-long friends. The beautiful seascape table was a perfect setting.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  16. This table is gorgeous! I love, love, love all your wonderful seaside details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your seaside table looks great!!

    Looks like a fun time was had by all!!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dinner guest must have felt very special sitting down to such a gorgeous table. Of course, since they're old friends they're accustomed to your beautiful tables.

    Sure looks like a fun evening!!! Great pictures!!
    Happy Birthday to you ....
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bubble glasses were the perfect glasses for this table! I also love the turquoise shell accent plates! What a lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey pretty lady, what a great party! You all seem so happy together around such a gorgeous sea side table setting, with fabulous beach elements here...like the shells and adorable napkin rings, your amazing dishes, flatware and all the aqua blue! I'd love a piece of cake too! Came by from SS. Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy early birthday wishes Pinky! How fun to have a BFF to share and celebrate a birthday with! Love your seaside table and your starfish winking in the windowsill!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful and I'm really drooling over your napkin rings. Happy Birthday month and many more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...