Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Winter Vignette for the Coffee Table

I am doing a little departure from my usual decor after Christmas. Instead of just going back to the everyday decor I am incorporating a little bit of winter! I started with the coffee table. As I put Christmas away I NEED to fill those spaces and now I am doing things a little differently! I found these cute little vintage looking children, perched on snowmen way before Christmas. I saved them knowing just what I wanted to do with them! The little girl is tooting her horn, maybe saying,"come on, let's play"!!!
 She is sitting on a silver bowl turned upside down. The bowl was my mother-in-law's.
 And this is the little guy. I love the vintage LOOK of them and that they are "snowy".
 The snowflake lantern was a housewarming gift from my BIL and his wife when we moved in. I love it. It holds a tall cream candle that casts a soft glow at night. The way the sun is shining through it shows what it looks like at night too!!!
 Everything is sitting on this new runner that I found at KMart! It was the only one but the perfect size for my coffee table! The large sugar pinecone rests against the lantern.
 I added some greens and pinecones to mimic the runner.

 I love the pinecones that are tipped with "snow".


 I also decided that for the pillows all I had to do was flip the Christmas ones  over to the plain side. The other side is all glitzy for Christmas.

 The green and red match the colors of the runner too.
 
Thanks for your visit. I hope wherever you are, you are staying warm. I had to go out last night and it was 12 when I was comig home. Thank God for heated seats and car. I also have a heated steering wheel which I thing is the best thing since sliced bread:):):).
XO, Pinky
I am partying here:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

25 comments:

  1. Hi Pinky! Oh, what a sweet wintry vignette on your lovely coffee table! Those little snow folks are so sweet and the runner is perfect. I love using pine cones too. Your home is always so beautiful and hope your new year is starting off with a bang!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Shelia!!! Hope your new year is going gREAT too!!!

      Delete
  2. That looks so good Pinky.. Love the winter touches and colors you used. As Sheila said-the snow folks are totally adorable.
    Happy 2015~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Pinky. I love the snow figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Yvonne @ StoneGable have similar tastes, Pinky.
    Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Pinky! It is always hard to go from Christmas to the new year. I am working on my first winter mantel and trying to tell myself it doe snot look like Christmas!) Again love your vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snow kids!!!....they are adorable!...A beautiful wintery vignette and you managed to create a warm glow to it with that beautiful snowflake lantern....and I love that you turned the pillows around....what a great idea!!....Stay warm Pinky....glad your car is equipped well for the winter as I know you are always out and about!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley! When I saw those "kids" I fell in love!!!

      Delete
  7. Your coffee table is beautiful--love the snowmen and pine.Your living room is beautiful, too. So warm and inviting for winter, with throws to cuddle up in and soft, velvet pillows. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky,
    Adorable SNOWchildren atop the SNOWmen!!!
    That table runner "was meant to be" on your coffee table!!!
    Love the vignette you've created with the SNOWflake lantern and natural elements!!!
    Baby, it's COLD outside is an understatement!!!
    Light your candle and enjoy!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. This vignette is perfect for the winter season! You've done a great job combining all the right accessories for just the right look. The lantern is lovely and the vintage children ornaments add the 'snow" vibe. I really like that you added some greenery and pinecones, so natural looking - really do mimic the runner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I can't read this I want to thank you for your visit and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Pnky! The little snow people are just darling and the runner is just perfect! I have one tote that I label Wintry décor and hold it back just to have something a little fresh after Christmas. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfection! The warmth of winter without the cold. The children are adorable in their frosty snow kissed costumes setting on the the table. The runner is perfect with the lantern and pinecones on the coffee table. I am not ready to let go of winter yet either. Snowflakes and snowmen are still residing on the breakfast table and the mantle in decorated for the season with woodland animals. I am content..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is winter so why not create accordingly? I think we need to make the most of every season. In your vignette, I particularly like the pine cone runner, a perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely, Pinky. I can see why you didn't pass that sweet girl on a snowball up, and the bowl is perfect for it. I can't believe your luck in finding that beautiful runner--at Kmart?! I noticed it right away Just goes to show ya...you never know!

    (BTW, Julia (comment a few before mine) said she has spent some time browsing through your blog and has loved it. She invites you to visit her and follow her if you like what you see.)

    ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Thanks you for translating for me, Zuni!!! And thank you for your sweet comments.

      Delete
  15. Lovely! Those figurines are adorable and perfect for the vignette. Love that lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda please contact me about revising my blog I have written to you several times with no responses and I would really like you to help me out please contact me. susie @ siamesseguru@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The little children are so very cute. I was just thinking a few days ago about how my mother would use "scarves" on top of tables and even on our refrigerator to add color for the seasons. She often worked very hard to make them with embroidery and crochet. I don't have very many of them but plan to make a few more myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...