Tuesday, February 20, 2018

How I Decorate with Wicker and Rattan

Good morning! We are going up to 71 degrees today and I am SOOO excited. I am done with winter but I know it is not done with us, sadly. It is going to be 75 tomorrow so I will THOROUGHLY enjoy these 2 days. I plan to walk around the yard and see what is popping through the ground and get some other things done too. I am feeling MUCH better after last Sundays trip to the ER. Thanks God for meds!!!! Joe is also doing very well. He is, however, in Afib so they are going to cardio vert him (paddles) on Thurs. Hopefully then he will be REALLY good!!!
So back to the post. I have always had a love affair with wicker and rattan so thought I would share how I use them in my decor. We'll start here at the kitchen bar. I always keep this bar decorated and right now it features candle sticks with rattan centers and a wicker pedestal bowl.
 By the pillar looking into the breakfast room, are 2 large baskets with a tray on top.

 The centerpiece on the table is corralled within another basket. The S and P are also rattan.
 Behind the pillar is another basket. They are all great for storage of things needed for tables etc.
 I had this collection of smaller items that I collected many years ago and decided to hang them over the windows in the breakfast room. Then to balance them out I hung the 2 larger baskets on each side. I love them up there.
 I also surrounded the hutch that Joe made me with some baskets. Recently I put the large basket on top of the hutch too. There used to be a store near us called Wicker Picker, that I loved and frequented quite often! Back in the day, wicker and rattan items were not really expensive so something i could decorate with on my budget:)

 Looking from the windows towards the kitchen are some more baskets on the walls.
 And the planter is iron and wicker.
 The large piece here is a fish catcher, I believe. I love it! I found it years ago!
 Above the cabinets are more baskets along with some pottery, that I also collect.



 A wicker shade on the lamp too.
 In the living room I have a wicker plant stand and 2 different fish catcher baskets.


 I stacked 2 plant stands and have another basket, on it's side next to them.
 A fan and a picture of a basket at the top of the steps.
 Love this piece that I found at Kirklands years ago.
 In the sitting room of the master I have these wicker candle sticks.
 And the love seat is rattan too!
 A wicker end table, and the shade on the lamp in here too.


 Over the TV in here I have a large fan and another handled basket on the wall. The TV swivels so we can see it from the bed or the love seat.
 On Joe's dresser is an arrangement that I made in a wicker container.


 And a rattan runner is on his dresser too.

The dining room chairs.
 And another large basket.
 This is one of my favorite things. I found this in a shop in Peddlers Village MANY years ago. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.

So that's it....for this main floor. I have more downstairs that I will share in another post soon. Thanks so much for your visit. Say a little prayer, or just send some good thoughts on Thurs. for Joe.
XO, Pinky

I will share here:

 Metamorphosis Monday,

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME

6 comments:

  1. All so very pretty, Pinky. You do have a lovely collection of rattan and wicker.
    Love how the sunlight dances in your rooms. Glad to hear you and hubby are doing better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always admired your beautiful collection of wicker and rattan...Hope Joe is recovering well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky,
    You have a wonderfully impressive collection of baskets!! And you have displayed them so artfully! They all look lovely in your home!!! How is your hubby doing??
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have acquired quite a gorgeous collection. Each piece brings a wonderful texture that every home needs. Looks great Pinky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...