Monday, March 3, 2014

~~~Decorating With Baskets!!!!~~~

I am a BIG fan of baskets, I have been collecting them for YEARS!!! I do not have all of them now as some got purged with the move. But I do have enough to use right now so I thought I would show you where and how I am using baskets! I showed you that I finally got this beautiful hutch that Joe MADE, here in the breakfast room. It has baskets on it and around it!
 The lamp has a rattan shade too. And a small bee skep sits on top.
 My faux demijohns seem like baskets to me. Love their texture. The basket on the bottom can be used as a tray too.
 This is a Large Japanese fishing basket, that I have had for years and LOVE!!! I have tall pieces of bamboo in it.
 This basket/tray hangs on the side of the cabinets for easy access.
 In the master bedroom I have an elephant sitting on a small trunk basket.
 Next to my dresser I have a basket with handles and a basket/vase on top of it. (My dust buster hides behind them:)
 I painted this rickshaw black and just placed some greens in it, on Joe's nightstand.
 Upstairs in the guest room I have another demijohn and the large basket is to put the throw pillows in at night.
 On the dresser I have a large fan.

 Over the bed is a large tobacco basket flanked by 2 wall pockets that I filled. The lamps are bamboo with wicker shades. Behind the lamps are 2 wicker large chargers.
 In the bonus room I have this pedestal basket that holds a collection of feather balls, seed balls, antlers, a turtle shell and a pillar candle. It sits on the game table.
 Over the table is this wicker mirror.
 I forget where I found this mirror, I have had it a long time too!
 Over the doorway, I hung a basket in the middle with a decorated gourd in it and that is flanked by 2 masks from Africa.
 This is a VERY old basket and I placed an african figure in it. Below it is a small broom. I had a collection of small brooms like this, I think some of them went to GW.
 Here we have a rattan lamp and a basket with a small iron monkey hanging in it.
 There is no way to get a good shot of this area so I apologize for the glare. 2 large baskets flank this piece.
 Beside the sofabed are 2 matching palm tree lamps with wicker shades. They came with white shades but I switched them out.
 This is an African basket also, made from paper!!!!
 I love this one too!

 The coffee table is made with wood and rattan and another African basket sits on it.
 I love the beaded detail.

 Love this frame too, this is me and my little sister MANY years ago:)
 I have several coconut shells too and love the texture of them as well. I am sure I may have missed some things but this was getting too long. Thanks so much for your visit. We are bracing for another winter storm but I am THINKING SPRING!!!!!
I am linking to:
 
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop


Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you do have a large collection! They're all beautiful and unique, especially the one with the beads.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too. The tribal pieces especially. Sending a big hug, my friend. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have an incredible collection of beautiful baskets...I love the beaded one as it is so unique...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a large variety of baskets. I appreciate how many different ways you have incorporated them into your decorating style. Some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dear,
    wow you realy have a adorable collection. And you put all of them on the rigth place. Love it
    All the best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky,
    I adore all the texture your baskets bring throughout you lovely home, dear friend!!!
    Love you new blog design...especially the header!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Pinky, you have a great collection of baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have your baskets displayed so wonderfully! I have a thing for baskets too, and mirrors, and silver and many many other things! Wishing you a happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely array of interesting items you have! I LOVE that breakfast room hutch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have a lovely collection decorating your home. Some are so unique. I love them. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think baskets look so good in your home because of all of the tropical elements you have going on in there already. You have a wonderful collection of interesting baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all the different ways you have used your baskets. You have so many unique shaped baskets, a beautiful collection. I enjoyed your post, thanks for sharing all over your home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinky, I also love baskets and you have a wonderful collection. Have a wonderful weekend.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...