Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Winter Kitchen Tour with Lots of Texture

Good morning friends! I hope wherever you are you are warm! It has been brutally cold here, temps in the low teens and wind chills below zero. UGH. Joe and I are going to Fl. for the month of Feb. and it can't come soon enough!!! I used some of my palm tree decor in the kitchen in preparation for being in Fl. I LOVE palm trees! So come on in, I'll make you some hot coffee! I did this vignette on the corner of the kitchen bar. I wanted to keep the center of the bar open for now. I also love to have lots of texture in the winter to warm things up. Baskets, different metals, pottery all provide different textures in the kitchen.
 The bar stools are metal and have stone like backs.
 As you will see, green is the main accent color I am using.
 The buffet area: I removed the Christmas elements and put back all the white dishes. On the top shelf are 4 of my herb plates. Above the cabinets are pottery, baskets and greens.
 We just got this dish from Joe's cousin the other day. It was his Grandmothers. I just love it. I will give it to my daughter and she can give it to Colleen!

 In the center is a bread board, pottery vase and some greens.
On this side I placed all different spheres in the glass hurricane that has a cement base.  The large scoop holds faux pears and a lidded pot completes the vignette.



 On the fridge is a wire basket with green apples, a copper bowl and my scale.
 A very large basket holds some greens. Palm tree towels on the oven door.
 The palm tree piece over the stove is made of metal so safe in this spot. A pottery bowl holds Joe's wallet.
 I have black and green utensils in the palm tree holder.


 This is why I kept the center of the breakfast bar clear, I love this view.
This vignette has an iron lamp with a rattan shade, a faux succulent in a pottery basket and another lidded pottery jar.


 Copper, a basket and a large pottery piece at the end of the counter.


 The view from the kitchen to the breakfast room. Copper molds are above the doorway opening.

 Around this pantry door are a large fishing basket, copper molds, a copper bowl and a pottery colander.

 I hope you have enjoyed the tour. Have a beautiful day!!!!! I hope you stay warm.

                                                               XO, Pinky

I will share here:

 Metamorphosis MondayThe Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us Wednesdays,  Feathered Nest Friday,  Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

10 comments:

  1. Pinky,
    Love your kitchen and how you have styled it!! I personally LOVE Winter! But not quite this cold. I do not do well in the heat of the Summer and once it goes above 75 degrees, I am in the house with the air conditioning blaring...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kitchen, so pretty. I especially love those cabinets with the glass inserts, they showcase your dishes so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tour, Pinky! Your home is so warm and beautiful! Love being able to look to your family room and see that wonderful fireplace, it's just perfect. I am crazy about your dark cabinets with the glass windows! Love your style!

    Stay warm~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your winter kitchen looks wonderful. I like the pops of green- it contrasts nicely with everything. You are good a staging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I would love to be a home stager but would need a warehouse to keep all the things I would need.

      Delete
  5. Pinky,
    I love all the texture your basket collection brings to the Kitchen areas!
    A lovely cohesive look!
    I enjoyed seeing a few 'new~to~me' views of your Kitchen.
    So beautiful!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! What paint color did you use? It’s so warm and looks lovely with all your textured accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...