Sunday, July 17, 2011

~~~2 New Recipes for You!!!~~~

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend!!! I have been a BUSY BEE this weekend and we are going to a picnic later today too! So, I decided I better get this posted for you since I want to join in on the fun over at Stone Gable for her weekly party, On the Menu Monday!!!! Just click on her button on my left sidebar! If you want TONS of inspiration and recipes head on over there and browse around! OK, to my first recipe. It is called Cucumber Shrimp Appetizers and oh, are they YUMMY! I took them to a pool party a couple of weeks ago and they were a big hit! Light and refreshing for a hot summer day! I never did get a picture of the tray of them cause I tokk it there and assembled them at my friends house! BUT, you can view the recipe and the finished product here: www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cucumber-shrimp-appetizers   You use:
1 8ou. can of crushed pineapple, drained
1 4ou. can of tiny shrimp (I used part of a bag of tiny salad frozen shrimp)
1/4 cup reduced fat mayo

 1 Tbls. finely chopped onion

 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
1 medium cucumber, cut into 1/4 inch slices
Combine all of the ingedients in a bowl and then spoon it onto the cucumber slices. Enjoy!!!!!

The next recipe is one we use ALL the time! It is an Anti Cancer Marinade!!!! They have done studies and the ingredients in this actually kill the carcinogens that can result from grilling!!!! How great is that??? So, here you go. We had chicken cutlets last night marinated in this along with a salad and Spanish rice! Another good dinner on the deck:):) Here are the ingredients: 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 T. olive oil
4 T. cider vinegar
3 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
3 T. grainy mustard
4 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. salt  Mix it all up and save leftovers in the fridge. It also TASTES yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We really love it for anything we grill.

 The chicken was so moist and delicious!
 A salad of spinach, cucumber, grape tomatoes, salad olives and chopped pecans! YUM!
 Spanish rice is one of Joe's favorites!
I hope you will try both of these recipes! Thank you to Yvonne for hosting this great party! If you have never been to her blog you mUST go see her. It is one bEAUTIFUL blog!!!! XO, Pinky

10 comments:

  1. Pinky, it looks so delicious! We are having shrimp this evening. I will surely try this.

    Have a grand time at your picnic.

    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that the last picture for the cucumber-shrimp appys is in the wrong place and I tried to move it with no luck!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummmy the recipes look and sound delicious.
    I'm doing Weight Watchers.....UGH....not too bad though, I've lost 8#'s and I'm thrilled.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pinky,
    Your Anti Cancer Marinade looks delicious. Good for you and tasty, that is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinky, I am trying the anti-cancer marinade! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I know we'll love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky,
    Always looking for a good marinade recipe...this one looks to be a "keeper"...will try it this week with our chicken! Thanks for all the yummy recipes...I see we use many of the same brand of ingredients!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm, Pinky....these sound so delicious. I love good marinade recipes...thanks, sweetie.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY! NOt one, but 2 great recipes! I have so many cukes in my garden. I think I'll make the shrimp for lunch!
    I have shrimp in my freezer.
    Your marinade sounds like the one I make, but I don't add brown sugar. I'll have to try that. I know that the cider vinegar is a real goldmine of health benefits! So delicious!
    Pinky, Thank you so much for being such a faithful friend! Seeing your post ON THE MENU MONDAY is a joy to me!
    Thanks, you are an inspiration.
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinky, these recipes sound great! I can't wait to try both of them. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...