Sunday, July 31, 2011

~~~ Dinner For Two!!!

AHHHH, Shrimp Creole! This is what we had for dinner tonight. For YEARS we have used Justin Wilson's recipe but decided to try Emeril Lagasse's version. I have to say we both liked it better! So, I do recommend this recipe.
 We serve it over rice, white or brown, whatever your preference.
 The shrimp are added for the last few minutes. Joe made the creole yesterday so the flavors could meld. I always think things are better the second day.
 Joe likes red wine, I had a good Pino Grigio with mine. I have to apologize, I did not set a very special table. Just our everyday dishes and placemats.


 Here is my plate.

So, here is the recipe if you want to try it. I HIGHLY recommend it!
Ingredients
1 stick of butter
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped green bell peppers
1 cup chopped celery
salt and cayenne
2 bay leaves
2 pounds peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes (or you can use canned)
1 Tbls. chopped garlic
dash of worchestershire
dash of hot sauce
2 Tbls. all-purpose flour
1 cup water
2 1/2 pounds of large shrimp, peeled, tail off and deveined (we used LARGE, frozen shrimp and they were GREAT
Emerill's Essence
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 Tbls. chopped parsley
4 cups cooked long grain rice
Directions
In large sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions, peppers, and celery to the pan. Season the vegs. with salt and cayenne.Saute the vegs. until they are wilted, about 6-8 mins. Stir in the bay leaves, tomatoes and garlic. Season with salt and cayenne. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes. If the mixture becomes too dry add some water. Season the mixture with the worchestershire and hot sauce. Whisk the flour and water together. Add the flour mixture to the tomato mixture and continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes. Season the shrimp with the Essence. Add the shrimp to the mixture and continue to cook for about 4-6 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and curl up. Stir in the green onions and parsley.
Check the seasoning and add more salt and cayenne if needed. Serve the creole over rice. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are a fan of slightly spicy shrimp this dish is for YOU!!!! I am linking to On the Menu Monday at http://www.stonegable.blogspot.com/. There will be LOTS of recipes and inspiration, so head on over!!!!! XO, Pinky

16 comments:

  1. Pinky,
    Looks yummy..."Mr. Ed" likes anything over rice. It's a keeper for sure! If you look on the sidebar...I remembered how to add to my blog list. Sorry that it took me so long!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinky,
    I have not made shrimp creole for a very long time. Your dish looks so wonderful! Look for this recipe ON THE MENU MONDAY!!! Delicious!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! I want to go buy some shrimp right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinky that looks so yummy! I'm always on the lookout for different recipes and this one has made my list to try. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious and that recipe seems fairly easy as well! I may have to jot this one down. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks absolutely delicious!
    I am so glad to now have a reliable recipe.

    Thanks,

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    Your recipe for your Shrimp Creole looks so YUMMY. I need to keep this recipe for my love of seafood.
    I hope you and your family have a great week..
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!! I love this type of food. I'm lucky to be married to a cajun that LOVES to cook so we have this type of stuff often. I'd love to share some of the recipes but he doesn't use any. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Pinky..... I'll try this recipe, it looks and sounds delicious!! I'm starving!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinky, this sounds so good! I'll be trying this soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, yum!! The hubby and I love shrimp creole and of course spicy!! Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uummmmmmm! THANKS bunches for this recipe. I had something similar at the beach in NC and wondered how it was made. Looks so good!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pinky,
    Thank you for sharing a wonderful Shrimp Creole, it looks delicious.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fantastic! I haven't made this for years. We love anything shrimp. How nice that Yvonne recommended it! Lovin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ~~copy, copy-scribble-scribble~~ I can't WAIT to try this, Pinky! Yvonne sent me here & I'm so glad she did. It is making my mouth water, just thinking about it.
    Thanks for sharing!

    fondly,
    Rett

    p.s. Do you know how lucky you are to have a man who likes to COOK???!!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...