Tuesday, July 5, 2011

~~~Delicious Deviled Eggs!!!~~~

Good Morning!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! We had a busy one! On Sunday we were invited to a picnic but Joe wasn't feeling well so I went alone:( It wasn't as much fun without him but my "assignment" had been deviled eggs so I thought I would share with you my recipe. They really are yummy! The secret to hard boiling eggs, I have found is to boil the water FIRST, then carefully drop the eggs in. Simmer for 10 mins., turn off the heat and let them sit for 10 more mins. then rinse in cold water and they will peel easily! Then I take the yolks out and mash them with a fork til they resemble course corn meal.

 Here are all your ingredients! Sweet pickle relish, Miracle Whip and yellow mustard.

 I add alot of pickle relish, almost as much as the yolk.
 Then about 2 Tbls. of mustard,
 Then the Miracle Whip. I add some, mix and keep adding til it is the right consistency. I don't like it dry.
 Add S and P to taste
 and, VOILA! You have lovely deviled eggs!
 I sprinkle them with paprika so they look pretty!!!!!
I am joining Yvonne at What's on the menu, her wonderful, new weekly party and also Gollum at designs by Glooum for Foodie fri. Here are the links:
http://www.stonegable.blogspot.com/
http://www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
Stop on over and get some WONDERFUL recipes and ideas!!!! XO, Pinky

3 comments:

  1. Yum!
    Deviled eggs always remind me of my grandma's picnics and the summertime.
    Thanks for sharing the boiling tips.
    Didn't know to do that, Pinky!
    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe is the same one we have used through the years. It's a classic and never fails to get rave reviews. Thanks for sharing, I will try to boil your way, as sometimes I do have trouble peeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you ever tried putting your 'stuffing' in a pastry bag with a large hole decorating tip? It makes it so easy to squirt into the egg.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...