Monday, July 18, 2011

~~~Weekend Project: "Summerizing" the House!!!~~~Part 1!!!!

Happy Monday everyone! I know most of the country is caught in the grip of HEAT! We are supposed to be up to 100 by Friday. UGH!!! So, on Sat. I decided to get out my collection of shells and do some summer decorating around here. If I can't BE at the beach, at least I can feel like I am, right???? I started in the living room and that is what I will show you today. Tomorrow we will move on to the foyer and dining room. Don't forget, you can click on any picture to enlarge and get a better view! This is my coffee table in the living room (that you have seen 100 times, LOL). I just added some starfish and a shell to the vignette.

 I got this new starfish when we went to OBX in June. I have been collecting shells for a LOOOONG time, probably 30 years or more!
 This one has a bluish cast to it. Love that!
 I got some new pillows for the sofa. The pond is right off the deck outside the living room doors so when I saw this koi pillow I HAD to have it. I just LOVE it!!!!!!
 And the blue looks so pretty for summer with my blue and white porcelains around the room.
 I have had these 2 shell pillows for a few years.
 I love having a cream colored sofa: I can just change out the pillows and have an entirely new look!

 Whoops, didn't notice the throw was messed up....

 I have nevr shown you this "birds eye view"! This is from the bridge upstairs.
 The sun shing through the skylight.

 There is a railing on each side of the stone wall of the fireplace. The wall goes up 2 stories.
So, please come back tomorrow for the rest of the tour:):) I love surrounding myself with beautiful treasures from nature! I say, if you have a collection, SHOW IT!!!! I really enjoy my shell things in the summer. Try to stay coll now. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!! XO, Pinky

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love,love,love that fish pillow! So cool to find those shells of the size you have. Looking forward to the rest of the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shells and the new pillow is gorgeous. Such a pretty view from upstairs. Your home is so lovely. It is really sizzling here too, and then to top it all off our AC went out. It's finally fixed, praise the Lord, so now we are back to normal. I look forward to the rest of the tour. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is a showplace...yet warm and cozy and inviting..
    thank you for sharing it with us..

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pinky! Oh, your home is so beautiful and I'm in love with those pillows! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really pretty! I think that blue and white always look "cool" and seems to lower the temperature in a room.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that you've added only a few accents that imbue a sense of beach and ocean, but it's enough to change the atmosphere and feel of your room.
    Wonderful job, Pinky! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the tour!
    Wendi:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice summer enhanced vignette and cute seaside pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky,
    Enjoying your coffee table vignette...I never know WHAT to do with mine...so keep those photos coming! Beautiful pillows, dear. I'll be back for Part 2 of the Home Tour!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the blue and white coy fish pillows!!! blue and white is perfect for summerizing, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks so cozy and beachy. Great job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness... this is amazing! You have an absolutely gorgeous home... that bird's eye view of the room is beautiful.. and those gorgeous pillows with the koi and starfish is stunning! I would love to know where you got them. Beautiful home! Thanks for sharing with us.~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the koi fish pillows.... oh my!
    They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...