Tuesday, July 19, 2011

~~~Part Two: Summerizing The House!!!~~~

Good Tuesday morning everyone! I hope you are not MELTING in this heat!!! Today we are going to continue the tour of how I "summerized" the house with my shell collection! As I said yesterday, I have ALOT of shells, collected over 30 plus years! I just love their organic nature and all the different shapes, sizes and colors! So, here we start in the dining room. On the table I placed a neutral runner that actually has a sandy color to it with palm trees embroidered on the ends. The centerpiece is a LARGE, faux clam shell that I got at the place where I used to work. I LOOOOVE it! I filled it with shells of all shapes and sizes! On each side is a simple crystal candle holder with a sandy colored candle.
 Close up of the "shell". It is some material that really feels and looks like a real shell!!!!
 Lots of different shells in there!
 On each side of the centerpiece are also 2 shell votive holders.
 Over to the side table: I removed the orchid that usually sits here and used an arrangement I made on a faux rock! Then sat some more shells on the table.
 Love this bumpy star fish!
 Close up of the arrangement.
 Placed some small shells around the candle.

Here is the server. This blue and white vase was a gift from good friends when we built this house 28 years ago!!!!!! I filled it with hydrangeas,  queen Anne's lace,and some sticks for height.

The large brownish shell I found in a store MANY years ago, and it was not expensive back then!!!!!
 A shell pillar holder and pillar with shells on it. I left my pagoda because I have alot of Asian things in the dining room and it seems to go with the shells.
 Sorry this is blurry. A small shell filled with TINY shells and a tiny star fish.
 A real seahorse that I found on the beach in Fl,.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SO excited!!!!!!!
 Here is the bakers rack. I filled my apothecary jar with some sand and shells and a vase the same way. The other piece is a faux shell topiary.

 I sure have alot of shells, huh? And, I didn't use all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Top shelf of bakers rack...
 middle shelf...
 bottom shelf.



 WELCOME!!!! This is the foyer and I probably should have started here, LOL!!!!! This bakers rack was a friends and she didn't want it any more so I asked if I could buy it from her. I love the metal and wood combo, especially against the stone wall. On the top shelf I have my one piece of blue coral, that I LOVE!



 Middle shelf had this vase that I found several years ago at Ross. Loved it!
 Isn't this a neat shell??? I will tell you a trick I use. You can purchase museum putty in a small package that will last forever. I break of a SMALL piece and put it on the "legs" of the shells or starfish so they will stay in place and not fall down. I got mine at the store at Winterthur.


 A small blue and white bowl filled with tiny shells. To the right is a small piece of rock that I found that is hollowed out like a bowl! TINY shells in there.
 Sorry this is blurry.....
So, I hope you have enjoyed the little tour! I am enjoying being surrounded by all this beachy summerness....is that a word???? I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment, I love reading them all. XO, Pinky I am joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays at: http://www.savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ 

19 comments:

  1. I love the shell filled with summer shells and things of the sea!
    Why don't we live closer. I could use some of those beautiful things for an upcoming table!
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing collection of shells and decorating with them during the summer brings a beautiful feel to your home. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! You could really feel as though you're by the ocean with this wonderful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pinky, what a beautiful collections of shells. The way you have displayed them in your home is absolutely gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your Beautiful collection of Shells Pinky. I also had a home by the ocean a long long time ago !!! Daytona Beach, Florida. I have a collection also but you have a lot more and so Beautiful.... You must like to go walking on the beach just looking so much fun.. I would like to thank you so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape. I hope you and your lovely family have a Great Week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky,
    Part two of your Summerizing was splendid! I adore that dining room table runner with the huge shell and candles! Gorgeous!!! Simply stated! Thanks for making this HEAT WAVE seem more bearable by the COOLNESS of your sea shells throughout your lovely home!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shells are just beautiful! Thanks for posting the tip about the museum putty...that is good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shell on your table...filled with more shells. Very nice. Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful collection of shells... and that huge clam shell on your table is so gorgeous...it looks all real to me. You have created pretty vignettes and I love how you blended your shell and oriental collection with touches of sand and blue. The gorgeous looking vase from Ross is my favorite and it has all the right colors for your pretty vignette. Thanks so much for stopping by. I enjoyed reading your sweet comment. It is sizzling hot here as well some rain is very much needed. Stay cool!~Poppy

    P.S. Wanted to mention I loved your pretty table runner... it is the perfect accent for your summer vignette.

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything that reminds me of the ocean. Your shell collection is wonderful; the variety is great!

    I'm your newest follower; found you via Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful collections of shells!!. The way you have displayed them in your home is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow... wonderful collection... Love the faux shell bowl-- The texture makes it look soo real...You have an amazing collection of starfish... Love them all.. I have never seen votive holders made out of starfish base before ...;-) I love the storage of the shells, sand in glass jars....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have an amazing collection of beautiful shells. You've done an outstanding job of arranging all your vignettes.
    Looks like a beautiful beach house.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pinky, I love, love the seashells. You have such a creative flare. Lovely!!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your "beachy summerness", Pinky! You have so many gorgeous things! Love the contrast of the shells and the leopard print table cloth and and LOVE that vase with the four sections os shells painted on it.
    You starfish as so pretty, especially the big bumpy one, as you described it!
    Such a lovely collection -- attached with seashore memories.
    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never realized that you had so many shells...they are beautiful!
    I love everything you've done...nice and beach-y and yet beautiful in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a great collection. I love the large shell with other shells in it on your dining room table. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pinky!
    Thanks for joining
    my collector's
    linky party. I
    love your shell
    enthusiasm! I like
    them too, especially
    in the summer....
    Love how you used
    the apothecary jar.
    Hope you are staying
    cool out there in PA!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...