Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Slightly Vintage Look for the Table

I have had this tablecloth forever, it was my Mom's and I have never shown you, I don't think.Actually the tablecloth and a dish on the table are the only "vintage" things. I wanted to set a table for Joe and I and decided to USE it! I love the simplicity of it and then I realized I had napkins that are a great match! So, a simple table was born!The sun actually made an appearance this morning, literally for SECONDS and I snapped away!!!
 On the tablecloth I layered a solid green placemat, a red and white placemat, a green dinner plate, a square salad and a glass compote with a ribbon design that matches well with the tablecloth.

 I added some faux cranberries to the glass dish. And some sprigs of faux holly between the dishes.

 My centerpiece has stayed the same but I have an idea in my head to change it too:)


 This vintage dish holds the S and P and a toothpick holder. It also covers a stain that I can not get out....keepin it real people:)

 I have 4 of these plates and they all have a slightly different tree on them.

 I am also using my green handled flatware.

 At dusk we can light the candles:)


 I love the glow of the tree and the candles.

 
Thanks for your visit!! I hope you are all getting those last minute chores done and will have some time to ENJOY the holidays!!! I am partying here:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop


Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

9 comments:

  1. Your table setting is really pretty. I love that you put together things you already had. I can not wait to see what you do with the center piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always. Try a mixture of baking soda, peroxide and blue dawn on that stain if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful, Pinky..I love your tablecloth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinky, Your mom's tablecloth is lovely. The greens and the reds look so fresh and so festive. This is a perfect table for a holiday meal. Your tree is beautiful in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinky,
    I L O V E your Mother's tablecloth, dear friend!!!
    Your choice of placemats, napkins, and dinnerware accentuate that gorgeous tablecloth!!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pinky! Oh, your table is beautiful! I love this vintage tablecloths and yours is so pretty! Love your dishes too with the different trees. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage look, Pinky.
    Gorgeous table! (Love that tree, too!)
    Have a happy and blessed holiday season.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm laughing that you were "keeping it real" about that stain! Sometimes my best looks come from trying to mask the very real oopsies on tablecloths!

    You created a wonderful vintage tablescape here, Pinky. The pieces you used to achieve the look are perfect without going overboard. The tablecloth is fantastic!!! I'm surprised you've never shared it with us until now! It is a real gem!

    I completely understand about having to snap those photos in a real hurry when you finally got a peek of sun. We haven't seen the sun here since Thanksgiving Day!!! It's crazy!!! I feel like we're living in London or Seattle!!!

    I wish you and yours a very Merry and safe Christmas, and a happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Pinky!...so love the tablecloth...you are inspiring me to bring out my vintage Christmas table cloth and create a Christmas Breakfast tablescape!...
    You are going to wow your neighborhood tour participants!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...