Monday, December 1, 2014

The Tree Is Up!!!!

I have been decorated for over a week but hadn't done my tree yet. I thought my sister might want to help and she was happy to since she doesn't put up a big tree anymore. This tree is 10 feet and with the topper goes to 12. I am 5 feet nothing so make a gazillion trips up and down the ladder:):) It was nice to have her here to hand me things!!! I'll show you some of the details.

 The "crystals" are actually plastic from the $ store! In fact alot of the balls are from the $ store too.
 It is all red and gold, a favorite combo of mine.
 I love a sparkly tree. I had a very traditional tree all while my kids were growing up and when the flew the coop I went more sparkly and glammed up:):)
 I use gold picks through out the tree to fill in spaces.
 I also use different sized balls and bury some of the real big ones IN the tree.
 The topper is done with 2 bows, front and back and then I add berry stems and sticks.

 There are also red and gold iced branches stuck into the tree.


 These poinsettia ornaments, I found at Lowes!



 Setting the tree up:)
 top 3 feet almost done..

 Tada!!!!
 I found the clay nativity figures at a store YEARS ago and Joe made me the creche.
 My Mom made these ornaments way back when so they are very sentimental.



 The year Joe's Mom died, I invited his whole family to come to our house and stay for a week over Christmas. His sister Janie gave us these ornaments.
 This one came from Winterthur museum several years ago.                                                                   
Thanks for your visit. I hope you are all getting into the spirit of Christmas!!!

 
 
 
 
 
I will be partying here:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Pinky! Your tree is simply gorgeous! I love the sparkly.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is stunning , Pinky.

    enjoy every moment of this wonderful season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous, gorgeous tree Pinky!....and the topper is magnificent!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just gorgeous! I really like the poinsettia ornament from Lowe's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love all the red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous Pinky! I love the close up shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinky,
    Absolutely gorgeous, dear friend!!!
    I don't think I realized exactly how tall your Christmas Tree is until I saw those ladders!!! Believe me, I understand that five foot nothing!!! Me, too!!!
    The poinsettia ornaments from Lowe's are stunning!!! I love the color palette you've chosen for this ear!!!
    Thank you for sharing this lovely Christmas tree and Nativity with us!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is AMAZING....I love the tree topper!!!!! I'm glad you had a helper to help you out on those trips up and down the ladder :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just breathtaking.I can't even imagine having such a large tree. Where do you store it??
    Have a fun Christmas....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is so beautiful and I love your topper! Thanks for the tip about the dollar tree crystal ornaments...will definitely check my local dollar store for some.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is beautiful with its festive red and gold Pinky, love the topper! I'm 5 foot nothing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree is beautiful, Pinky...and so tall!!! You and I both are of the 5-foot-something variety, and I feel your pain going up and down that ladder! The results cannot be denied, though: fabulous tree!

    I know you have a lot of fond memories tied up in this tree with those ornaments from your sister-in-law and the help you received this year from your sister in getting the tree decorated. This will be a wondrous Christmas for you because of that!

    I've "finished" my Christmas decorating, but there are always little tweaks I want to make, especially as time draws nearer for our annual cul-de-sac progressive dinner. I like to have the house dressed to impress!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...