Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hummel Nativity, The Reason for the Season

I love, LOVE my Hummel nativity set and wanted to share it. Hope you enjoy seeing it too. We started out with just the family of Mary, Joseph and the baby. Then for our 25th anniversary our best friends gave us the stable.
 Each year we added to our collection.
 Joe sets this up each year. It is his favorite task.
 And this shepard is his favorite piece. He just looks so humble.

 I love the animals breathing warmth onto the baby.

 The camels were a major purchase. At first I told Joe not to spend the money but he didn't listen to me. Now I am very happy he didn't!!




 This piece is not actually part of the nativity but he seems to be calling to everyone to praise the new King!


 
Thanks for your vist!! I am leaving my Christmas up for awhile. We are hosting 20 on New Years Day. Then I will think about taking it all down. Happy New Year everyone!!!! XO, Pinky
I am partying here:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop


Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

17 comments:

  1. Your Hummel Nativity is a real treasure Pinky. I love the sweet and very special pieces.

    Happy New Year to you all and many blessings. Enjoy your 20 guests, how wonderful!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nativity is a beauty Pinky!! My mom is a big collector of Hummels she would love yours! Wishing you all the best in 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky what a wonderful collection to put out every year!! I had to come by to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year!! Also, have to mention your darling Granddaughter, she is a beauty for sure!!
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say that this Nativity Set is hands down my very favorite that I have seen...It is gorgeous...Glad that Joe did not listen to you!....such a fabulous set to hand down to your family....a special treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I have the Willow Tree Nativity and love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky, Your holiday table is so pretty.. I love your china! This is a beautiful Nativity Scene.. ours was unfortunately lost in our move and will be in the market for a new one next year.

    Happy New Year! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, Pinky! No wonder you love your nativity scene! I absolutely adore nativity scenes and have quite a few sets (but not enough!). I know about being glad when our husbands don't listen to us--I just did a post on a similar story! Happy new year to you! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  8. How special your Nativity Set is!! It will be a treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your creativity its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I just love this. I love the camels too! I normally leave my stuff up through the Epiphany but I'm getting antsy. I'm thinking of taking everything down except my nativity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so enjoyed seeing your hummel nativity set. What a collection you have. It reminds me of my mother who had a few humbles. I now have one of hers. Young people today don't seem to know about or appreciate hummels like we do. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Pinky!

    This is such a beautiful nativity set and just perfect for Epiphany. It is lovely beyond words and is the perfect way to welcome the new season and the newborn KING.

    Love to you and many blessings in 2015!

    xo

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinky,
    I adore your Hummel Nativity , dear friend!!!
    It is very similar to mine, but yours has many more pieces!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely.

    Happy New Year!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful! I love the Hummel characters. I would definitely leave them up past Christmas too! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for coming to my last party and sharing the pretty nativity post, hope you can stop by and share more of your posts at my Fabulous Friday Party this weekend.. Maria
    http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-time/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...