Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Christmas Kitchen Bar Vignette

I set up a little vignette on the kitchen bar a few weeks ago and am changing it so thought I should share it. As you saw with my mantle post I have TREES on my mind this year! And as a total aside a whole section of lights on my big tree went out last night:(:(:(  I went and bought some lights today to string in there. Anyway, I set this up as a little tribute to my Mom. Her nickname started out as Rosebud and then got shortened to Buddy but whenever I see one of these sleds I think of her. This is a little ornament that used to hang on the tree and I added it to a Santa figure.
 This is actually a Byers Choice Santa. I love, LOVE them . Joe wanted to start a collection of the carolers YEARS ago but I said we didn't have a place for them. But I have a FEW pieces now:):) I am sorry for the quality of the picture but it is gray and cloudy today and the camera would not take this without the flash.
 My checked runner with trees at the ends.
 a tiny tree on a sled
 and a Santa on a sled
 It is SO hard to get a shot of this bar without including surrounding areas, so you are getting a peek at some kitchen decor..
 I love the big sugar pinecones, they kinda look like trees too!
 The pine tree is sitting on an old wooden and iron sled that I LOVE!!!

 I had to add a few antlers too
 the tree also has a tree stump base.  Here you can see details of the sled, wooden seat and iron frame.

 I found these cute reindeer candle holders this year for a steal:)
 added some dreid hydrangeas too


Thanks so much for your visit. Please let me know you were here by leaving a short comment. Also if you haven't signed up for e-mails, please do. I know alot of you aren't getting them:(  
XO, Pinky 
I am partying here:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday
The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

16 comments:

  1. Cute vignette, Pinky. I am enjoying your Christmas especially this year, since I didn't get to do much decorating. Was not up to digging into the back of the storage building!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty look...Merry Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this vignette Pinky.....I am so very partial to the Byer Carolers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bar setting is just so happy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable vignette with cute things to catch the eye. Like you, I'm into trees for the little bit of decorating I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How festive and fun is this!!! I just loved visiting and seeing all your darling Christmas collectibles! Fabulous job of decorating Pinky! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! I love the Santa!
    Shelia
    House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember last Christmas at your house. Everything was so beautiful and festive. I signed up for direct emails again. I don't know why but I keep losing the emails from some blogs and then loose track of the posts. I have missed visiting here with you..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinky,
    I adore your bar area, dear friend!!!
    All the natural elements are a true delight for Christmas!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it all looks so pretty and I especially like the table runner!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such special touches for your bar vignette. So cute and sweet for a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute, vignette, Pinky. You know I love me some red checks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and charming. Love the way you have combined the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...