Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas in the Guest Room!

I had my sister here for a week over Thanksgiving so I decorated the guest room for her. I wanted it to feel like I made it SPECIAL for her. It all started with the picture over the bed. I found it at Kirklands and knew that it would be perfect in this room because it has blue in it! Just adding some festive red accents was easy! Here is the view as you walk in the room.
 The red snowflake pillow came for the dollar store!!! I just love it and think it is perfect in here!

 I added red birds and berries to the 2 arrangements over the bed.
 I just got this adorable sled yesterday, so my sister just missed it but it JUMPED into my cart at TJMaxx!!! I love the flocking and the fake FUR!!!



 I added a swag over the picture, with iced branches and red berry stems too.


 This is what was on the nightstand at first, before I found the sled!
 I just added some plaid ribbon as tie backs to the curtains.
 A red runner over the quilt on the hope chest and a red pottery santa.
A tiny tree on the dresser and red ribbon on the lamp shade. The Santa sits on a barrel and I added some little elements to him too:)
 This was a little welcome gift for my sister, a plate that came with the stand too.
 This Santa with his plaid pants and blue jacket fits right in too!

 This big guy came from a neighbor who was moving and knew I collected santas!I may gussy him up a bit too:)
 Thanks so much for visiting, I wish you could all come and REALLY visit. I would welcome you with open arms! I am partying with:

 Metamorphosis Monday,


The Scoop,  Inspire Me TuesdayWow Us Wednesdays

 Home Sweet Home,  Feathered Nest Friday

14 comments:

  1. What a festive guest room, Pinky! I am sure your sister loved it! It is so fill of Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Pinky. Love the warm and cozy look of it. Any guest would feel right at home and in the Christmas spirit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely guest room decorated for Christmas. I'm sure your sister will enjoy staying there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any one of your guests would be so delighted to stay in such a beautifully decorated room for the holidays!...You definitely make your guests feel welcome!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice,festive and welcoming!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell there was a lot of love put into this room. I am sure your sister appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is exactly what I want to do is to create a little Christmas magic in my two guest rooms where my kids spend Christmas Eve! It will take some work but I would love to get them ready. How marvelous are guests going to feel to get to stay in this festive and classy room?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky, you are such a detail girl! I love your red dollar store pillow... it's so pretty with your blue and white comforter and pillows. You have such a designer's eye, my friend!!! We went to Longwood Garden last week and I thought of you and Joe! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinky, your guests will slumber surrounded with your beautiful Christmas decor and the holiday spirit. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinky, your guests will slumber surrounded with your beautiful Christmas decor and the holiday spirit. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S> I love the wicker chest at the foot of the bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhh...love your beautiful guest room..I am loving plaids for Christmas this year...can't wait for the After Christmas Sales to get more plaids for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the plaids especially. I know your guests will feel very welcome. Everything looks so lovely. Merry Christmas! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky sister! Anyone would be glad to stay in that guest room; I know she must have felt very special during her time with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...